Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

YouTube Premium

Ratings
Is YouTube Premium worth the price of £12 a month or is it complete rubbish? I'm interested in watching Impulse and Cobra Kai, but don't want to pay for a bunch of nonsense. Is it at least ad free across the board?

Last edited:
Ratings
Is anything on YouTube Premium any good? I have never heard of any buzz about the series published there, so I'm under the impression that it doesn't have something special. It may be better to use that money for other kinds of subscription, like Netflix, Hulu, or Vevo.

Ratings
That's a horrible price! To put it in perspective, Amazon Prime is only £7.99 per month or £79 per year and there's heaps of movies and original programmes to watch. I'm not sure what Google is playing at because I can't see anyone falling for that price. YouTube Premium has a three-month trial if you want to test it out.

Ratings
In my simple opinion, Google is just becoming greedy or wanting to go along with the online fad. Google is already making a lot of money through the ads being shown on YouTube videos so why would they still have to sell a premium just to show some series?

Ratings
Google is already making a lot of money through the ads being shown on YouTube videos so why would they still have to sell a premium just to show some series?
I believe the experience is ad-free if you're paying for the premium service. I guess some people are willing to spring for that. It also allows the user to download videos on YouTube, though there are browser add-ons that do that anyway. It includes Youtube Music too which is supposedly similar to Spotify. Basically, YouTube Premium is like Amazon Prime, but without the two-day shipping and for more money.