Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Your Thanksgiving plan

Luna

Ratings
I know that it's still quite far away, but Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays. I think that's because Christmas and a new year are coming soon after the celebration. Are you planning anything different than usual this year?

Ratings
Lots of shopping and cooking, I guess. We're looking into new recipes to try, as well as family and friends to invite. I hope to participate more in the preparation as I was too busy last year. It's one of my most favorite time of the year, so I'm very looking forward to it.

Ratings
We don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK, but I did once spend a fantastic Thanksgiving with some friends in Texas - they were wonderfully warm and hospitable.

Meanwhile, here in Britain, our last festival was Bonfire Night, with bonfires, fireworks, hot potatoes and parkin. Parkin is a type of ginger cake and seems to be found mainly in the north of England.

Our next festival is Christmas.

Ratings
I would love to go to a Thanksgiving celebration, but as I don't know anyone from the US living in the UK, it is unlikely that I will be invited to a Thanksgiving dinner! I have heard all about the turkey and the rest of the lovely meal, as well as pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

Some day I will get to take part in a Thanksgiving celebration - I may just have to travel to the US to do it though.