Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

You know what really grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommate2k9

You know what really grinds my gears?.. People eat with there mouth open and propa CHOMP it up... Making that annoying chewing noise with their mouths.

What grinds your gears?

JC

Never eaten cornflakes? Close your mouth if you want, you still sound like a piece of machinery.

Saz

I have a few but I'm not going to say them as we have some internet retards here who like to save them up to throw at you in a discussion.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Overly self-righteous people on the internet and those who really believe they are "too cool" for the internet and everyone else is lame. Worse when occasionally they have a valid point.

Saz

Hold on... How can someone go onto the internet and state they are too cool for it? The paradox is burning my brain!

DC

The general stupidity of the majority who call a customer service department. Anyone who's ever worked in some kind of customer service role will know exactly who I mean. It's perhaps a little unfair, but you do get the feeling when dealing with "the general public" over the phone that people = stupidity.

Also, people who call 999 and the first words out of their mouths is "Oh, it's not an emergency, but...".

Idiotic excuses for calling 999 include...

• "I have no credit to call anyone else"
  • "I just got a new phone and I'm checking to see if it works"
  • "My phone is locked"
  • "Do you have the number to my local police station?"
  • "You phoned me"
  • "It's the only number I can ring in this area"

The GS

• "My phone is locked"
  • "You phoned me"
I've always wondered if these calls were actually made or if people just made them up and put them on a jokes website.

JC

The general stupidity of the majority who call a customer service department. Anyone who's ever worked in some kind of customer service role will know exactly who I mean. It's perhaps a little unfair, but you do get the feeling when dealing with "the general public" over the phone that people = stupidity.

Also, people who call 999 and the first words out of their mouths is "Oh, it's not an emergency, but...".

• "My phone is locked"
  • "You phoned me"
#

'Am I still speaking to somebody in the Philippines?!' - Personal favourite of mine; just get the racism right out in the open!

DC

#

'Am I still speaking to somebody in the Philippines?!' - Personal favourite of mine; just get the racism right out in the open!
Either that or, another favourite is, "Are you a human being?"

I also get plenty where they'll ask, "Are you in England?" and I'll simply answer with "No". They then assume that you're in India and start off with "I'm not being racist, but..." before you tell them that you're not in India either. This, for some reason, completely baffles them, as they can't comprehend that BT has call centres in places other than England or India.

When you then tell them that you're in Wales, they'll say, "That's what I said; England". :lol:

Nemesis Enforcer

When people say things like "n'that" at random times when talking. There is a couple down the street who say it all the time in conversation and I just want to hit them.

They talk like this:

"I was going to the shops n'that, then I saw a car I really wanted to buy n'that"

Nimf

Subscriber
I've always wondered if these calls were actually made or if people just made them up and put them on a jokes website.
DC comes in from work with some hilarious stories about idiotic calls sometimes so I can assure you they're real.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
I fail to see the racism in asking to speak to someone else if you actually cannot understand someone because of their accent. Be it Geordie, Punjabi, Glaswegian or whatever I'm not going to sit on a phone call that I can't understand. Not giving someone from a foreign country an chance to help is different though, of course.

My cars indicator is grinding my gears at the moment because it keeps on coming on to indicate left randomly. I think the switch is slightly loose so it doesn't sit back in it's mounting properly. Having just spent nearly £600 on tyres and exhaust I don't feel like taking it to a mechanic so will probably end up pulling the steering rack to bits at the weekend.

Jayfunk

• "My phone is locked"
  • "You phoned me"
while i agree with your comment. The concept of Data protection seems to be lost on you :lol:

Paul

Seems Jay has no idea what Data Protection actually means. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.