Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread - April 3, 2016 from Dallas, TX

TPIB

WWE presents WrestleMania 32, which will come to you, live, on the WWE Network at a special start time of 7/6c on April 3 from the AT&T Stadium in Dallas, TX.

The two-hour WrestleMania Pre-Show will air, live, on the WWE Network & YouTube starting at 5/4c with the second hour also airing live on the USA Network at 6/5c.

The official theme songs for WrestleMania 32 are "My House" by Flo Rida, "Sympathy for the Devil" by Motorhead, "Hello Friday" by Flo Rida (featuring Jason Derulo), and "Oh No" by Goodbye June, all of which are available now on Spotify and iTunes.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Hell in a Cell Match: Control of RAW vs. The Undertaker's WrestleMania Career:
Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

No Holds Barred Street Fight:
Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match:
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Stardust vs. Sin Cara vs. Zack Ryder

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

Divas Championship: Triple Threat:
Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

4-on-3 Match:
The New Day vs. The League of Nations

Third Annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

United States Championship: Kickoff Exclusive:
Kalisto (c) vs. Ryback

10-Diva Tag: Kickoff Exclusive:
The Total Divas vs. B.A.D. & Blonde

Kickoff Exclusive:
The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal Participants
Heath Slater
Bo Dallas
Adam Rose
Curtis Axel
Big Show
Kane
Tyler Breeze
Goldust
R-Truth
Konnor
Viktor
Fandango
Jack Swagger
Darren Young
Damien Sandow
Mark Henry​

Last edited:

Barbarian1072

Predicted matches so far:

Triple H vs Roman Reigns

Brock Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt

Lynch vs Charlotte vs Banks

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
I think those three are a lock, as much as HHH v Reigns annoys me. Also I reckon there will be a multi man match for the IC title again, probably with a gimmick attached like last year. Owens and Ziggler will be involved, probably Stardust again, Breeze and maybe two more mid-carders.

I wonder if the Andre the Giant Battle Royal will make a third appearance this year

Barbarian1072

I'm still hoping WWE will be unpredictable and give Ambrose the win tonight but my prediction remains the same. They'll probably throw Ambrose in the IC title match at Mania, i wouldn't be surprised if they repeated the ladder match gimmick they had last year which I don't mind because with Money in the Bank on its own PPV, Wrestlemania is lacking in a yearly traditional match on the main card, as the Battle Royal was on the Pre show last year and will probably be on it this year if they do it.

I think they most likely will keep up the Andre the Giant battle Royal. The only problem I have with it is that winning it doesn't seem to mean much- WWE only pushed Cesaro for a few months after he won it and Big Show winning it would only have meant anything if he had retired immediately after winning, which is what i expected. I think it would be much more interesting if there was a stipulation for the winner, such as a shot at the Intercontinental or United States title.

Aniel95

I was actually looking at going to this Wrestlemania, but wasn't able to get the tickets I wanted, looking back, I'm kind of glad! With the big injuries (and what looks like an average possible main event), I don't think this Mania will be too good, unless they pull off something huuuuuuuuge

DC

Also I reckon there will be a multi man match for the IC title again
It would make a lot of sense this year with Kevin Owens kinda feuding with around half-a-dozen folk to varying degrees and it would also be a great way to get Sami Zayn to 'Mania.

Owens could face any combination Ambrose (if he doesn't win tonight), Ziggler, Zayn, AJ Styles (KO threw him out of the Rumble), Neville, a returning Cena, Joe, Itami (if it's shown he was the one who put Hideo out) and, for the sheer hell of it, Alex Riley.

DirtSheet Dawson

I really think there should be some sort of NXT showcase, gives the guys down there another thing to strive for, but not some crappy gimmick match on the preshow.

Danichapp

I hope they give us a good divas match! Something with a good build up and purpose, haven't enjoyed a divas match in years!
I'm also dying to know who this mystery (not currently on the roster) person is who is rumoured to be taking on the undertaker!

Jayfunk

I know he is great but wrestling himself is a test or is it a intergenerational match

TPIB

In a completely out-of-left-field announcement, it was announced on RAW that The Undertaker's opponent at this year's WrestleMania will be Shane McMahon! Not only will it be Shane McMahon, but it will be inside Hell in a Cell and, if Shane wins, he gets control of WWE. Who would have ever expected this to be on the WrestleMania card this year or any year?

Jayfunk

the card for what is meant to be trying to break records is starting to look a bit flat and lacking star power

HHH vs Roman is extremely predictable it should be an ok match but predictable ditto for Ambrose vs Brock and Shane vs Taker WTF what a total terrible idea although i can actually see it changing myself. I really like Shane it was really good to see him, i can see Cena coming back and Shane being in his corner or something. if not then the stip is pointless the chances of taker losing at Mania against a non wrestler is so small its pointless

Peach1902

Shane vs Undertaker is pretty random and I doubt there was anybody out there who would have predicted that. It will be interesting to see if Shane can still pull off an omg moment.

Barbarian1072

Shane vs Undertaker is pretty random and I doubt there was anybody out there who would have predicted that. It will be interesting to see if Shane can still pull off an omg moment.
He's 46 so unless he's willing to cripple himself then probably not. But then again we're talking about the guy who jumped off the f*cking titantron so he might just go for it.

DirtSheet Dawson

There must be another swerve or the angle doesn't work, where will people put there support? against shane whos trying to oust the Authority or against Taker at his show, infront of his home state fans..... makes MNR next week very interesting.

Darth Kenny

I see it being HHH for the win with Shane getting beat by the undertaker that will end Shanes involvement.

I recon he's only brought in due the number of injuries and the the Rock not being allowed to fight. Hope I'm wrong though.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

WRESTLEMANIA 32 IS FREE TO NEW WWE NETWORK SUBSCRIBERS

- In a move that may raise some eyebrows and question the sanity of those making the decisions, WWE announced that WrestleMania 32 will be free for new WWE Network subscribers who sign up this month. WWE is using the #FreeWrestleMania hashtag to promote this news on their social media. This will be the first time that the show will be offered for free to new subscribers and usually WWE halts their free month promotion during WrestleMania season to get the maximum revenue from their Network. WWE stocks usually take a nose dive the day after Mania when the WWE Network subscribers number is announced and this time there will be much more thanks to this free promotion but the number will not represent the paying subscribers, but rather the overall subscribers. A large number of subscribers ditch their Network subscription following WrestleMania and WWE has not found a way to keep churn at a minimum. The difference this year is that WWE will not get a single cent from those who subscribe just for the show and stop their subscription right after Mania. You can subscribe now to the WWE Network to get the show free.

DC

All new subscribers get their first month free (and have so for at least the last 18mths), so this is hardly a surprise.

Jayfunk

They are pointing out the benefits of people signing up now which is what people should do