Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE vs TNA

DarkMatchJobber

DANNY BONADUCE TO WRESTLE AT THE LOCKDOWN PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling announced today that Philadelphia-based disc jockey Danny Bonaduce will have his first pro wrestling match on Sunday, April 19, at Lockdown, inside the lethal six-sides of steel.

Bonaduce, the former wise-cracking son on the 1970s television series The Partridge Family, is the morning drive DJ on WYSP (94.1 FM) in Philadelphia.

TNA Wrestling executives would not comment on who Bonaduce's opponent will be, but confirmed that the TNA Wrestling Superstar will be in Philadelphia next Friday, March 20, for the official Contract Signing, to be held on-air during Bonaduce's radio show.
They can find the money for some Z-list celebrity to apppear on one of their shows but can't be bothered retaining the services of Petey Williams?

Nemesis Enforcer

Bonaduce is the guy who Hogan (or Bischoff I forget which) said had missed his calling on that CCW show they did, not or his wrestling skills but for his charisma, one thing he has going for him is that he is willing to take bumps so atleast a TNA guy can throw him around for a few mins and not have to be gentle with him

ScottyB

He has a small dick according to both wikipedia, and the picture I saw.

Fiona

Who is this clown and why is he appearing on my (wrestling) tv.
He was Danny Partridge on the old Partridge Family TV show. He's also been to rehab for drugs and alcohol more times than I've had hot dinners. This should be an outstanding show.:sleep2:

hendrixsummer69

Who is this clown and why is he appearing on my (wrestling) tv.
DJ and pro wrestler doesnt sound like a good mix to me and comments posted lead me to belive this would't make vince crap himself out of frieght 49! theres missing the boat and theres clearing the harbour

Last edited:

Dave7g

He has a small dick according to both wikipedia, and the picture I saw.
Why were you looking up pictures of Danny's drill?

From the few episodes of that horriffic carcrash that was Hogan's Celebrity fat farm, Danny was easily the best heel on it. Sure he'll suck in the ring, but no more than JBL.

hendrixsummer69

Why Vince cares so much about leaks when it has gone on simce the dawn on the internet and doesn't harm buisness I don't know, this could be down to Vince's well documented controle freakness though I guess
it could work both ways people may buy the PPV because they want to see it or they may not bother because wrestler A gets beat by wrestler B

Jayfunk

TNA news

- TNA will be releasing a Global iMPACT! II DVD. It will feature matches from the big Tokyo Dome event as well as from the 2/15 show at Sumo Hall.

- There are paper work issuses holding up "The Dark Angel" Sarah Stock's debut.

- Stevie Richards recently lost his job at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting when the school closed.

- Jenna Morasca from "Survivor: China" will debut soon. There are plans for her to wrestle down the line.

- TNA has cancelled the 3/20 San Juan house show due to low ticket sales.

- The character of Andromeda will be played by Cossandro from AAA. The gimmick will be that of a Transexual.

- If Midway games does go under there are several other game companies that do have intrest in aquiring the TNA game license.
From Dave Meltzer

Nemesis Enforcer

More on Danny Bonaduce:

Prowrestling.net is reporting that Danny Bonaduce is advertising that he will be wrestling at TNA's Lockdown PPV, however a stipulation in his "Celebrity Championship Wrestling" contract might make the match impossible. Apparently his contract contains an exclusivity clause, which may mean that he could appear on the PPV, but only in a non-wrestling capacity. We will have more on this story as it becomes available.
Why do TNA get themselves into this situation? first Pacman Jones now it seems Bonaduce.

Jayfunk

TNA are a giant f*cking failure at business
MMMM making a profit, making more money than ever. I don't see who they are a falilure at business, failure creatively may be but business they are very solid for a company of there size. a failure you be if they are losing money. Paul Heyman would be an example of business failure

ScottyB

They only made money in the 2007 - 2008 financial year. It'll be interesting to see if they make money for the year 2008-2009, especially as you know, we're in a global economic crisis :)

DraVen

Yeah, they made money due to major international TV deals. They're owed money for the video game that failed, house show business is dramatically down, they're actually losing money on certain PPVs, they haven't yet recouped the first 5 years of losses (to my knowledge) and you're saying that TNA are a success because they're above water level when they have no reason (other than their own stupidity) not to be far more successful than they are.

This from the guy who spent a few months with "the era of averageness" or something of that ilk in his signature, and now you're congratulating TNA because they can settle for average instead of full potential.

WCW turned a profit too, remember. But interally it was a giant failure and it eventually folded around them until the whole thing collapsed. TNA will do so too, eventually, unless Dixie Carter gets a clue about how to run a wrestling business. Which she won't.

Jayfunk

This from the guy who spent a few months with "the era of averageness" or something of that ilk in his signature, and now you're congratulating TNA because they can settle for average instead of full potential.
That was not my point at all you said they were business failures (which you are technically wrong about as if a company makes a profit in hard times it can't be failures). I said they were not (and are not 2008 was the best financial year according to Dixie Carter) I didn't say anything about could they be more successful (which of course they could be)

DarkMatchJobber

I think TNA needs to start going on the road and broadcasting Impact from different cities because filming every episode and charging no admittance makes the show feel low-budget and low in priority.

Jayfunk

I think TNA needs to start going on the road and broadcasting Impact from different cities because filming every episode and charging no admittance makes the show feel low-budget and low in priority.
while i agree in principal, its not going to happen for a while. for one production values are so much better inside the impact zone, take genesis and against all odds the production values were so much better on the later. to produce a show with the same values would cost them a lot more money which eventhough they are not doing bad in terms of the financial side its a cost they simply don't need right now.