Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE vs. TNA

TNA or WWE?

• TNA

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • WWE

Votes: 29 63.0%

• Total voters

Bluestiger99

So we've all heard the hype around the two premiers of WWE and TNA. So who's show do you think is going to be better? WWE with Cena vs. Bischoff for the WWE title. Or TNA with Hardy vs. Rhyno?

Jack

Easily WWE's.

The main selling point for TNA has to be the AJ vs Strong match, for me anyhow.

Angle vs HBK, will piss all over that

So then what do TNA have to offer? A spot match, with 2 crap workers, and Shelley? Will be OK, if you like that, but it won't be anywhere near as good as Matt vs Edge.

Jeff and Rhino will be dire aswell. Rhino can't work anymore, probably due to being so rarely used, and well, Jeff is abysmal.

And then you have the WWE legends. I can't wait to see them, added with the reurn of Triple H, TNA can't compare.

Not even with the Jeff Jarrett goodness :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Dave7g

In the overall quality of matches, TNA is leagues ahead. Obviously WWE's Raw will be better, but TNA don't have billions of dollars behind them.

Aaron

Read that guys spoiler ^. That right there is reason enough to vote for the WWE in this one.

WWE are ahead of TNA in every single department. Match quality, WWE is the winner. Promotion, WWE is the winner. Talent, WWE is the winner. Production, WWE is the winner. . . I don't see TNA being superior to WWE in any way whatsoever.

Gladiator

Hard but I will be looking forward to seeing some of the huge matches at Bound for Glory.
Samoa Joe V Liger and AJ V Chris Daniels, Ultimate X and the Monster Brawl, plus whatever useless Jarrett title match there is

TNA has better match quality and I mean other than the spoiler match and the previously announced ladder match I mean matches in WWE generally stink or are on a average compared to WWE but the production and overall entertainment factor is greater due to the billions of $ in the WWE

Slim Jim

As for next week's shows WWE Homecoming will wipe the floor from under TNA on Spike in all areas.

As for next PPVs. Bound for Glory will probably be 5 times better than No Mercy.

Jung

Yeah I think Raw will be better than the TNA TV show, but the TNA PPV will be miles better than the WWE PPV.

stevejd

I enjoy both TNA and WWE - why do people always have to compare!!! Bothj have decent matches/workers and different people havwe different opinions. For eg I think Jeff Hardy is amazing and deep down WWE would have him back with a click of their fingers if they could!

Jung

I doubt they would. What would he do, except take drugs, turn up late, and clog up the midcard?

Gladiator

The Great Jungta said:
I doubt they would. What would he do, except take drugs, turn up late, and clog up the midcard?
Yeah he is too unreliable to be trusted in WWE again, and I am suprised TNA let him back, I would fire a guy straight for missing a live ppv in front of all of North America, I would not stand for that.

Al Stevens

Aaron said:
Read that guys spoiler ^. That right there is reason enough to vote for the WWE in this one.

WWE are ahead of TNA in every single department. Match quality, WWE is the winner. Promotion, WWE is the winner. Talent, WWE is the winner. Production, WWE is the winner. . . I don't see TNA being superior to WWE in any way whatsoever.
Sorry mate i disagree... I think that TNA is Superior in the match quality. For example I couldnt watch unforgiven after watching Scarfice why. Simpley because TNA knows how to book the talent. For example Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles one of the matches of the night. They actually remember past storylines and return to them in the "Hardcore dreamteam" and also top credit to the Waltman jerry Lynn match that has got to be one of the matches of the year.

Also i disagree with Talent. Your telling me you would rather watch Chris Masters over someone like Chris Daniels. You would rather watch Hogan Stinking up the WWE TV time other watching a match between Petey Williams Vs Chris Sabin.

I believe that TNA can be a player in the world of the professional Wrestling in time.

MrFill

I have to say "both":
TNA have the superior match quality, but some of their storylines can be rather sketchy.

WWE have the better stories, but the limted style of their wrestlers generally means low quality matches.

TNA knows how to treat the X-Division, but the World Title level is kind of a joke, with a perennial mid-carder being the main focus of the company. They've never had anybody who is a "real" main eventer as a World Champ, and I think this hurts them.

If the TNA could build a decent "monster" World Champ (like Brown after giving him a real finisher), then it'd help them an awful lot.

Aaron

Bigmansteveo said:
Sorry mate i disagree... I think that TNA is Superior in the match quality. For example I couldnt watch unforgiven after watching Scarfice why. Simpley because TNA knows how to book the talent. For example Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles one of the matches of the night. They actually remember past storylines and return to them in the "Hardcore dreamteam" and also top credit to the Waltman jerry Lynn match that has got to be one of the matches of the year.

Also i disagree with Talent. Your telling me you would rather watch Chris Masters over someone like Chris Daniels. You would rather watch Hogan Stinking up the WWE TV time other watching a match between Petey Williams Vs Chris Sabin.

I believe that TNA can be a player in the world of the professional Wrestling in time.
Of course I'm not saying Masters is a better talent then Daniels (although he probably will actually sell more to the marks).

I am saying that Chris Benoit, Eddy Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels etc are better than anything in TNA though. Are you saying that that is not the case?

I believe the better workers are in WWE and I'd be surprised to here a debate against that!

Regarding match quality, I believe that every year in TNA's existence, their MOTY hasn't been as good as WWE's MOTY. This year for example. . . their triple-threat was great. It wasn't ***** like Angle/Michaels. Last year they had nothing to compare to two triple-threat's that WWE put on.

WWE's best matches are better than TNA's best matches.

Last edited:

Rog

Aaron said:
Of course I'm not saying Masters is a better talent then Daniels (although he probably will actually sell more to the marks).

I am saying that Chris Benoit, Eddy Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels etc are better than anything in TNA though. Are you saying that that is not the case?

I believe the better workers are in WWE and I'd be surprised to here a debate against that!

Regarding match quality, I believe that every year in TNA's existence, their MOTY hasn't been as good as WWE's MOTY. This year for example. . . their triple-threat was great. It wasn't ***** like Angle/Michaels. Last year they had nothing to compare to two triple-threat's that WWE put on.

Yeah but WWE only have one or two candidates for MOTY whilst TNA offer at least 2 per PPV. And IMO Angle/HBK was only so good because it stands beside so much mundane matches, in TNA a *** match is considered a dissapointment

Aaron

PaulRog said:
Yeah but WWE only have one or two candidates for MOTY whilst TNA offer at least 2 per PPV. And IMO Angle/HBK was only so good because it stands beside so much mundane matches, in TNA a *** match is considered a dissapointment
One or two? You are doing WWE a great disservice there imo.

TNA have two MOTYC per PPV? Erm, how many matches are candidates then?! They have had two stand-out matches this year:

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - 30 Minute Iron Man

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Samoe Joe - Triple Threat

Both are ****1/2 imo. And I can't think of any other TNA matches this year as good as those two.

Then in WWE you twice as many at that level. Kurt vs Shawn x 2, HBK vs Shelton, Shelton vs Jericho. Regal vs Benoit. . . all ****1/2+. . .

Again, I just don't agree that TNA has better matches than WWE. I will agree that Unforgiven was **** and Sacrifice was better!

And the comparison of talent arguement just isn't happening is it?

MrFill

Aaron said:
The problem is that they have to work WWE style - watch how many moves Angle, Eddie and Benoit do now compared to how many they did 5 years ago.

In WWE the stars are restricted to a small number of moves which means that when they bust out something different, the crowd pops to it.

Watch an X-Division match, then tell me that they aren't good workers.

Aaron said:
SOME of the workers in the WWE are better than SOME of the workers in TNA, but in general, the TNA workers are alllowed to do more.

Aaron said:
You're kidding, right? There have been more **** and above matches on TNA in the last year than WWE has.

Aaron said:
WWE have one or two ****+ matches a year - TNA have at least one per PPV - if you want overall quality, watch TNA.

The B-Man

Very much so you have forgot about Styles V Joe

Lynn V X-Pac

Aires V Daniels

I am sure there is a lot more if I think about but hell I forget what I did yesterday. Overall there is 1 match REALLY stands out even above both HBK V Kurt matches and that is Styles V Joe V Daniels. I knew that match would be cool but it was beyond cool. I have actually watched it 3 times now:p

Aaron

MrFill said:
The problem is that they have to work WWE style - watch how many moves Angle, Eddie and Benoit do now compared to how many they did 5 years ago.

In WWE the stars are restricted to a small number of moves which means that when they bust out something different, the crowd pops to it.

Watch an X-Division match, then tell me that they aren't good workers.

SOME of the workers in the WWE are better than SOME of the workers in TNA, but in general, the TNA workers are alllowed to do more.

You're kidding, right? There have been more **** and above matches on TNA in the last year than WWE has.

WWE have one or two ****+ matches a year - TNA have at least one per PPV - if you want overall quality, watch TNA.

Going to have to bow out. I believe everything I have said.

Just because guys do more moves doesn't mean they are better workers or are putting on better matches. I don't rate wrestlers by moves, that's crazy in my opinion!

I don't need to watch an X-Division match. I watch TNA all the time! They do some fun stuff but they don't create the level of emotion that a great match in WWE does.

For me wrestling is all about getting reactions and the bigger reaction a worker can get from the smallest risk is the true sign of talent. Others will disagree and think the guy who can do the flippiest-floppiest move is a great "worker".

We'll have to agree to disagree. Your post implies that Benoit and Eddy aren't great workers and don't have great matches because they have a limited moveset. That's an ideology that I do not and will not agree with.

Spotfests are great live but on TV they get old, fast. In my humble opinion.

MrFill

Oh, I'm a HUGE fan of Kurt, Eddie and Benoit - they are some of the best workers in the World.

I'm not a "spot fest" mark, but I enjoy the normal X-Division match because they do some incredible stuff, and not generally just for spots, they're normally part of the match.

My problem with the WWE "style" is that the match gets repetitive - Benoit hits a Snap Suplex, a German Suplex, a couple more German Suplexes, maybe goes up to the top for the Air Canada and then hits the CrossFace. It has become formula, his matches are all beginning to look the same.

Go back to the 2000 period, his matches had more passion in them, mainly because he could rip out some different stuff, like finishing people off with a Dragon Suplex, but he's not done that in YEARS!

My problem is with the WWE style, not the wrestlers themselves.