Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Vengeance Discussion Thread - October 23, 2011 from San Antonio, TX

TPIB

The eighth edition of WWE Vengeance will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on October 23 from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX.

The official theme song for Vengeance is "Make Some Noise (Put 'Em Up)" by The Crystal Method (featuring Yelawolf) off the Real Steel Soundtrack, which is available now.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Triple H & CM Punk vs. The Miz & R-Truth

WWE Championship: Last Man Standing Match:
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship:
Mark Henry (c) vs. Big Show

Non-Title:
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

Sheamus vs. Christian

United States Championship:
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Zack Ryder

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Air Boom (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger

Divas Championship:
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve

Last edited by a moderator:

madpaul

Triple H and CM Punk could make a good tag team for the future as they both got a I don't give a f#ck attitude.

madpaul

Titles will change hands

Cena to win
Big show to win
Kelly Kelly to win

This is what I think gonna happen.

Jamster26

Subscriber
If Cena wins, wrestling is pointless.

As for the other very appealing title match. I'll say Henry.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Surely del Rio's winning, just surely, no way can WWE be stupid enough to make the exact same mistake twice in two months, just no way. Del Rio WILL win, I'd but actually money on it.

Jamster26

Subscriber
I just have a bad feeling that WWE will go nuts if their ratings drop next week, so they plomp the title back on Cena again. Kinda seems like the easy thing to do for them.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I have bordering on no faith in WWE creative, but that tiny did I do have left (that tiny bit, by the way, is just Mark Henry holding the World Title up) tells me that, after the uproar of when it happened last time, and with having JUST put it back on him again, and with a rumoured del Rio / Punk feud in the works, it will take some Earth-shackling bad booking to put the title back on Cena again for the second time in 35 days. WWE are being uncharacteristically stupid recently, don't get me wrong, but they haven't shown any signs of being THAT stupid just yet.

Call it wishful thinking but, be it by win, DQ or ring out, I'm 99.9% sure that del Rio's walking out as champion.

Jimmy Redman

Yeah, no way ADR doesnt retain, just no way.

Henry should also retain, obviously. There's still ways to go with him as champion, and Show is a perfect B show title defense for Henry since he has the size to be a threat without needing to actually be protected by winning. Plus there's this whole feud going on too, I guess.

I do wonder if they will bring Kane back next as his next vengeful challenger. That could take him into the New Year easily.

etz

Put it this way, if Cena wins it again, he's level pegging with HHH for title reigns at 13 each and can anyone really see HHH letting John Cena be the one to knock Ric Flair off the 16 time podium? Yeah, me neither. So, by virtue of that, and the fact that ADR should retain if they have any sense, I think ADR will retain.

Jimmy Redman

People said Hunter wouldnt stop until he overtook Flair and, well, he hasnt.

Now it looks to be Cena. Whether Hunter wishes it wasnt so or not, I dont see how they can really avoid Cena having at least another four title reigns before the end of his career, excepting something disastrous happening to him. He's got years ahead of him, and he's had three reigns in the last 6 months alone.

Cena will break it, whether people like it or not.

Jimmy Redman

He's won 9 of his 12 world titles in less than three years (Survivor Series '08 until the present).

Mental.

Dave7g

The title is meaningless now, when Flair was 16 time champion, my God was it a big deal. Wouldn't be surprised to see good ol' Trips giving himself another few reigns.

TPIB

Knowing the WWE and, more specifically, Vince McMahon, they would have either Triple H or Cena surpass the 16 World Title reigns just to spite Ric Flair. When it comes to Triple H and Cena, Triple H is the lesser of two evils to me. I am slowly getting tired of Triple H, but nowhere near as tired as I am of Cena (I've been tired of Cena since 2005 or so).

Looking forward to CM Punk & Triple H vs. The Miz & R-Truth, mostly to see Punk & Trips work as a team, but also to see the almost guaranteed shenanigans involving John Laurinaitis and, possibly, Kevin Nash (if they keep going with this whole "Laurinaitis undoing everything Triple H has done" thing, then we probably haven't seen the last of Nash in this angle).

I think I had a dream once where Alberto Del Rio made John Cena tap out to the cross armbreaker, but I also once had a dream where I was haunted by The Mighty Ducks. The point being, neither of those things would ever happen. A clean victory is also highly unlikely, so I expect a DQ or Count-Out in this one. This could be another match that Laurinaitis screws with given his history, albeit brief, with both Cena and Del Rio.

The only reason I have for wanting to see Big Show win the World Heavyweight Title is to "upgrade" his statistic since, as it stands, Big Show is the only wrestler to have held the WWE, WCW, and ECW Championships. Show has never won the World Heavyweight Title (despite what the WWE says). However, my overwhelming desire to see Mark Henry have a meaningful reign as champion outweighs my desire to see Big Show win the title. Ideally, I would like to see Henry hang on to the title until, at least, WrestleMania (and hopefully he does not lose the title to Daniel Bryan).

I expect to see Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes, Air Boom vs. Dolph & Swagger for the WWE Tag Team Titles, and another Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara match added to the card. One would think that the Orton vs. Rhodes match will be non-title, but it's hard telling what the WWE will do.

etz

Cena will break it, whether people like it or not.
Yeah, I meant HHH isn't going to let Cena break it before HHH does, if HHH has any say....which, let's face it, he probably does. HHH will dethrone Flair for title reigns, then Cena will go on to dethrone HHH.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
From Wrestling 101:

Wow. Our 3rd WWE Pay-Per-View in 5 weeks. But from the looks of things this card could potentially have some blinders on there. The WWE seems to have lost it’s momentum a little over the last couple of weeks, but could this PPV help them pick things back up again?

Let’s take a look…

> WWE Vengeance 2011 Preview

TPIB

Sheamus vs. Christian and Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder for the United States Title have been added to the Vengeance card. Might be interesting to see Dolph compete twice on one night and see if it leads to a new champion.

As for predictions, I am going for (and hoping for) Alberto Del Rio to retain against John Cena. The fact that they made it a Last Man Standing Match makes my prediction a bit more unlikely, but I'm sticking with it. I've read on a couple of different sites that tonight's WWE Title match is supposed to be Cena's last involvement in the title picture for some time as they begin the build for Cena/Rock at WrestleMania (which seems likely seeing as Survivor Series is next month) with Del Rio and CM Punk feuding. Hopefully this is true.

As I mentioned before, I expect a lot of shenanigans in the Triple H & CM Punk vs. The Miz & R-Truth match, but I still see Trips & Punk winning.

I already predicted Henry retaining and, as far as Orton vs. Rhodes goes, it should be an interesting match and Orton will probably win.

I am already sick of this Sheamus/Christian feud and simply having a rematch from WWE Hell in a Cell seems lame. I do see Sheamus winning.

Since they are having Dolph Ziggler compete twice on the same night, it adds an interesting twist to both title matches as, depending on when the matches take place, they could have Dolph & Swagger win the tag titles, but then have Dolph be too worn out to successfully defend the United States Title or have Dolph & Swagger lose and then have Dolph lose the U.S. Title too, etc., etc. As far as my prediction, I see Dolph retaining the United States Title and also winning the WWE Tag Team Titles with Swagger. Oh, and Phoenix to retain the Divas Title (almost forgot about that one).

The GS

Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio, Triple H/CM Punk and Sheamus are definately winning I think but the other results could go any way really.
I'll predict Cody Rhodes to win in dirty fashion over Orton.
Eve Torres to beat Beth Phoenix.
Ziggler to beat Ryder.
Tag match is really tough but I'll say Ziggler and Swagger for that too.

Last edited: