Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE: The Future Is Bright?

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
From Wrestling 101:
Say it softly because some do not believe but the WWE tide is turning. While the process may not be as swift as many would hope, fresh talents are on the rise and becoming pivotal members of the McMahon-led empire. The usual suspects may still sit at the summit but they are being joined by a host of capable performers who can prosper for years to come. The future used to appear sketchy, now though, it seems likely to be illuminating and definitely well worth a watch...

Jimmy Redman

The problem with all of this is the problem with Raw and Smackdown. Raw, the A-show which everyone watches, is booked like sh*t and kills any midcarder who steps into its cursed lair. Smackdown, on the other hand, is booked excellently and gets many a midcarder over, and certainly this year with the new crop. Except nobody watches it. Guys come to Smackdown, get over enough and good enough there to warrant moving to Raw, arent really over anymore because nobody watches Smackdown, are left to wallow in the abyss of the Raw midcard because booking sucks, and end up no better off, and certainly not breaking into the main event.

If you swapped the shows and had the majority of fans watching Smackdown on Monday nights, things would be a lot better off.

My point is that a lot of these guys have great potential (apart from Kozlov). The issue is whether WWE do anything with them, especially all the way to main event level.

etz

To be fair, WWE actually have quite a few guys who could potentially be big. Morrizon and Miz are just the obvious ones, as are Dibiase and Rhodes. But guys like MVP (a future Finlay, I think), Swagger, Kofi maybe even Evan Bourne are not to be sniffed at, even if some never hold a world title. And that's before we really start looking.

Jimmy described the problem with RAWs booking already and that's really WWE's biggest problem.

horsemansmiler

I think the future is bright for wwe. Granted i know on these and other boards and dirt sheets wwe comes under weekely bashings. Sometimes they due, sometime they are not. I look at wwe today being fan for nearly 20 years and see

John Morrison
Hart Dynasty
Cm Punk
Evan Bourne
Miz
Dibiase and Rhodes

Young talent mix that with established names and amazing performers Like Y2J, Trips, Orton, Edge and i cant see anything but brightness. there was a time everyone used to say TNA was where the talent was, i never could see it but now i deffinatly dont.

djbill

mvp needs the push to the main event so does john morrision evan bourne needs to have a program w/ the big show

djbill

why have they pushed back rey mysterio? make dolph zippleger win the title then lose it to r-truth then have rey mysterio the main event push

The GS

mvp needs the push to the main event so does john morrision evan bourne needs to have a program w/ the big show
Evan Bourne v The Big Show isn't whats needed at all...
An Evan Bourne v Rey Mysterio or The Miz or Tyson Kidd or DH Smith or Chris Jericho program is whats needed.

Last edited: