Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE The Bash 2009 Discussion Thread - June 28, 2009 from Sacramento, CA

TPIB

The Bash will come to you, live on pay-per-view, from the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, CA on June 28.

The official theme song for The Bash is "Whyyawannabringmedown" by Aranda, off of their self-titled album.

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: 3 Stages of Hell:
Randy Orton Vs. Triple H

World Heavyweight Championship:
CM Punk (c) Vs. Jeff Hardy

ECW Championship Scramble Match:
Tommy Dreamer (c) Vs. Christian Vs. Jack Swagger Vs. Finlay Vs. Mark Henry

Intercontinental Championship: Mask Vs. Title:
Chris Jericho (c) Vs. Rey Mysterio

John Cena Vs. The Miz

Women's Championship:
Melina (c) Vs. Michelle McCool

Unified Tag Team Championship:
Primo & Carlito (c) Vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

No DQ Match:
Dolph Ziggler Vs. The Great Khali

Last edited:

Dante Spears

Well, I can understand why they wanted to change One Night Stand to Extreme Rules, but why would they drop "Great American" from the title. Are they trying to be like, less patriotic? Or do they want to eliminate all remnants of WCW?

TPIB

I think they just shortened the title of the event as The Great American Bash is a long name for a pay-per-view. I don't know why they are just now changing it, but whatever.

I was watching the 2004 Great American Bash and Cole mentioned something about it being close to the Fourth of July and then I realized that WWE has The Bash scheduled to be on June 28, which will be the Sunday before the Fourth of July. It finally makes sense why they switched the two events around. I also think they did it so that they did not have two gimmick pay-per-views (Extreme Rules & Night of Champions) running back-to-back. In any case, I will be interested to see if they continue with the American theme of The Bash. Hopefully they will and this is just a name change as The Bash is one of the more legendary events they still pay homage to (sort of).

Zidane

I think it's because they're a global brand now and having the word 'American' in the title gives the impression that they're USA-centric (which they are anyway). Although 'The Bash' isn't a great name, they should've just brought back Vengeance or something.

DC

Didn't everyone just call it "The Bash" anyway?

Nemesis Enforcer

They should have gone with Bash At The Beach man I miss that set from WCW

Batista on the poster is because he will have likely had a big role in the PPV had he not torn his trisep and been shelved for 4 months

JamesMXPX

Apparently Andolis Way (or whatever they're called, the ones that do the Superstars theme) and Rev Theory will be doing a pre-show concert.
TNA should've got there first, having bands like Disturbed and Smashing Pumpkins would have got some extra numbers.

Cathal

Almost 2 weeks until the PPV and we haven't got one match on the card. Way to go WWE!

Beefhead

I have a ticket to this show and cant wait but kinda feel like this could be a big waste of sixty bucks. Batista injured, Michaels and taker not back yet, Umaga and kennedy fired, and rumors circulating that Mysterio put in his notice with wwe.

Still lots to look forward to with Jericho, Punk, Edge, Jeff Hardy and Triple H, just thinking that quite a few of the people I wanted to see when i bought my ticket, are out right now or could be by the 28th

Edit: and a bit irked that two weeks away from this show I still have no idea what matches we'll see.

The GS

I have a ticket to this show and cant wait but kinda feel like this could be a big waste of sixty bucks. Batista injured, Michaels and taker not back yet, Umaga and kennedy fired, and rumors circulating that Mysterio put in his notice with wwe.

Still lots to look forward to with Jericho, Punk, Edge, Jeff Hardy and Triple H, just thinking that quite a few of the people I wanted to see when i bought my ticket, are out right now or could be by the 28th

Edit: and a bit irked that two weeks away from this show I still have no idea what matches we'll see.
Batista being injured will make the PPV more fun to watch from a wrestling point of view.

Nemesis Enforcer

I suspect alot will be set up at the upcomming 3 hour Raw this Monday, if not then they really will have to just throw anything together the week after and hope the PPV sells itself

Nemesis Enforcer

HHH vs Orton I would think is pretty much a cert for the PPV, Cena vs Big Show is a 50/50 I think, depends what goes on on the 3 hour Raw this Monday

Dante Spears

Maybe they'll do Big Show vs Miz, and put Miz over- Okay I can't finish that sentence cause it's so laughabley unlikely

Nemesis Enforcer

They may go for a tag Raw main event on the show with Cena & HHH vs Orton & Miz/Big Show

Then save the HHH vs Orton singles match for SummerSlam

Beefhead

If they go with HHH vs Orton and Cena vs Show again, I'm out!
Thats exactly what Im afriad of, its obvious that TRiple H Vs Orton is a lock. I dont wanna see that match live the other ones all sucked. I also said to the guys im going with that I would hate to see Show Vs Cena.

I'm hoping for Cena v Miz on the PPV.
Thats what were hoping is they at least add Miz into the Show/Cena match if it wont be Miz/Cena.

Either way live shows are always fun but I am seriously hoping for some decent matches or feuds