Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE SummerSlam 2018 Discussion Thread - August 19, 2018 from Brooklyn, NY (#31)

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
The 31st annual WWE SummerSlam will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on August 19 at 7/6c from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

The official theme songs for SummerSlam are "Burn The House Down" by AJR and "Sweet Sensation" by Flo Rida, both of which are available now on iTunes and Spotify.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Universal Championship:
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Championship:
AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

RAW Women's Championship:
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

Intercontinental Championship:
Dolph Ziggler (c) (with Drew McIntyre) vs. Seth Rollins (with Dean Ambrose)

Money-in-the-Bank Match:
Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens

United States Championship:
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The New Day

SmackDown Women's Championship: Triple Threat Match:
Carmella (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair

Finn Balor vs. Constable Baron Corbin

RAW Tag Team Championship: Kickoff Exclusive:
The B-Team (c) vs. The Revival

Mixed Tag Match: Kickoff Exclusive:
Rusev & Lana vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas & Zelina Vega

Cruiserweight Championship: Kickoff Exclusive:
Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak

Last edited:
Ratings
I'm really excited to watch Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns and Ronda Rousey vs Alexa Bliss match Next Sunday on SummerSlam 2018

Last edited by a moderator:

theVman

Ratings
I was looking forward Brock and Roman 2 weeks ago, after Brock attacked Heyman. I thought that bought a new element to the fued but i feel like the WWE lost that factor on this weeks Raw and im less interested again.

I love AJ - but ive never been sold on Joe as a main eventer in the WWE and i think the build smackdown have done for this match is absolutely terrible

I’m looking forward to Brock vs Roman, however I think that no matter who wins Strowman will cash in after squashing KO either in the match or after

theVman

Ratings
Id love that to happen, but that seems so obvious also.
Id also love to see KO win the match somehow and get MITB - i think it would be a total shock.
No cash in at Summerslam - i think Hell In The Cell is the next one which would make for a perfect time to cash in after the champ has been through hell (in a cell). I think if Roman won the title at Summerslam and the defended against Braun in a Hell In The Cell and KO cashed in after - that would create more storylines going forward.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
197 2
I really enjoyed the show!

Even though it felt far too long, I thought they paced it really well. There wasn't anything that I thought was bad. I was surprised by the number of squash matches but I guess that would be expected considering the number of matches on the card.

I would have preferred if both the New Day and Samoa Joe won the titles in their respective matches rather than the DQ finishes but I'm OK with them having their rematches.

Should have known Charlotte would win (I picked Becky for the FWL!)...but I loved the turn after the match and the crowd's (and Charlotte's) reaction was brilliant.

Didn't expect the demon, was a nice surprise, and I'm so glad the match was short.

Loved Samoa baiting AJ with the 'daddy' lines...plus the crowd got involved too :)

I thought The Bellas might attack Nattie/Ronda setting up a tag match for Evolution - glad they didn't!

Nice use of Braun at the end too - so I guess we've got Reigns/Strowman next - I really hope they don't job Strowman but I got a feeling they will.