• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE SummerSlam 2010 Discussion Thread - August 15, 2010 from Los Angeles, CA

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
The 23rd annual WWE SummerSlam will come to you, live on pay-per-view, from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA on August 15.

The official theme song for WWE SummerSlam is "Rip It Up" by Jet, off of their album, "Shine On", which is available now.

Quiz | Predictions | Betting

Confirmed Matches/Events

6-on-7 Elimination Tag Match:
Team WWE (John Cena, Edge, Chris Jericho, R-Truth, John Morrison, & Bret "The Hitman" Hart) Vs. The Nexus (Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, Darren Young, Skip Sheffield, & Michael Tarver)

WWE Championship: No Interference:
Sheamus (c) Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship:
Kane (c) Vs. Rey Mysterio

3-on-1 Handicap Match:
The Straightedge Society (CM Punk, Luke Gallows, & Joey Mercury) Vs. Big Show

Intercontinental Championship:
Dolph Ziggler (c) Vs. Kofi Kingston

Divas Championship:
Alicia Fox (c) Vs. Melina

Last edited by a moderator:

video767

Ratings
Other than the world title match between Kane and Rey, I wonder what matches SmackDown will provide.

I'm guessing Kofi vs. Ziggler for the Intercontinental Title and maybe Big Show vs. the SES in a 3-on-1 handicap match.

Ratings
Does anyone know if that 7 on 7 match is elimination style? I haven't heard anything that it is...if it isn't that would be pretty shit in my eyes

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
Does anyone know if that 7 on 7 match is elimination style? I haven't heard anything that it is...if it isn't that would be pretty shit in my eyes
As it stands, it is not Elimination Style and that is probably the best way for them to go with Bret Hart in the match. They would still be able to keep him from being involved in the match, but if some of the Cena team gets eliminated, it would be more noticeable how little Bret would be doing in the match.

I would not be surprised to see one of the members of Cena's team get attacked by The Nexus and would need to get replaced by someone. I would put my money on that individual being The Great Khali. I also think it would be interesting if Vince replaced Khali, but he said that he would not wrestle again (then again, it is Vince we are talking about).

I am not all that interested in the WWE Title match, but it Sheamus loses the title before SummerSlam to someone better, then I might be interested. Even if Miz cashes in and wins the title before then, it would still not be all that interesting, but it would be a nice change of pace.

I think it will be interesting where The Undertaker's return will fit in. Initially, one would think that they would have Undertaker attack or confront Kane in some manner, but they could have him return as a completely separate thing and then do the reveal at a later date. This potential aspect is probably the most interesting thing, to me at least, about the World Heavyweight Title match.

The GS

Ratings
Word has it that Orton and Steamboat were supposed to be in the Nexxus match but plans changed when HHH had to have surgery and Steamboat became unwell so Bret replaced him.

H}{H-Evolution

Ratings
Source: Unknown

there’s been talk of a major heel turn taking place at Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view and the WWE superstar moving to the “dark side” may surprise you. According to sources who have been a part of recent WWE creative meetings, the idea has been brought up several times of John Cena turning heel on Team RAW during the main event. Cena turning heel is far from confirmed, but its one of 3 possible scenarios being discussed for the finish of the main event. Cena turning heel has been brought up in the past, but it has not gotten this much consideration in quite some time.

- Several ideas are being talked about for the Kane vs. Rey Mysterio match at SummerSlam. We’ve reported here for weeks that WWE plans to have The Undertaker appear on the show in some capacity. One idea under discussion was for a casket to be brought to ringside and at the end of the match when either Kane or Rey was about to be thrown in, Undertaker would come out and attack Kane to kick off their feud. There are plans for The Undertaker and Kane to wrestle at Night of Champions in September and then again at Hell in a Cell in October.
Hmm...Interesting!

The Beltster

Ratings
603 1
Anything would be better than face Cena. I've not watched WWE properly in a couple years, but if he is just acting the same thing he was in 07/08, which I would assume he is, then he's unbearable.

The GS

Ratings
I know he does great business, blah blah blah... But I can't wait to see the back of sarcastic Cena who dresses like Bart Simpson and talks like a person from a childrens Disney Channel show.
Bring back rapper John Cena even.

Ratings
I know he does great business, blah blah blah... But I can't wait to see the back of sarcastic Cena who dresses like Bart Simpson and talks like a person from a childrens Disney Channel show.
Bring back rapper John Cena even.
Yes! And then bring in Tomko to give him a beat.

.......then fire Tomko

Ratings
Last year's build was FAR worse than this one. DX comedy, remember. Whereas at least this year we have the great Nexus angle building their first big match, with that fantastic go-home brawl.

The Kane-Rey scenario from the first page is EXACTLY what I thought should happen after I saw Smackdown. So hopefully it happens.

As for any Cena turn, its been spoken about for months, but as always, it would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Ratings
Never fear, vbookies are up here!

Sorry I've been slack with them this year, its mainly because I'm now fairly busy on weekends and never seem to find much computer time before PPVs.

Anyway, you've got about 12 hours to get gambling!

DraVen

Ratings
Pretty sure it is a shop by how he's 'holding' the lipstick. It's been circulating for ages.

I, for one, am really looking forward to this show. Can't wait for the Nexus vs. WWE match just to see the twists and turns of it, and Sheamus/Orton should be a good match. I don't see Cena turning - I think whoever turns will turn ON Cena, but we shall see.

DC

Ratings
539 2
Team RAW are still a man down after the show went off the air, but am I the only one expecting the seventh man to be Daniel Bryan?