Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE SmackDown LIVE Discussion Thread - May 15, 2018 from London, England (#978)

TPIB

Ratings

When
United States: Tuesday Night, May 15, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Wednesday Morning, May 16, at 1AM on Sky Sports Action & Sky Sports Arena

Venue
The O2 Arena in London, England

Confirmed Matches/Events

Debut of Andrade "Cien" Almas & Zelina Vega

Carmella to Present a Royal Mellabration

Money-in-the-Bank Qualifying Match*:
The New Day vs. Cesaro & Sheamus

Build to WWE Money-in-the-Bank

*The winning team gets to choose a member of their team to compete in the Men's Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match.

Ratings
22 1
Carmella segment was whatever.

Enjoyed Daniel Bryan utterly emasculating Big Cass though - I bet that's the result of him going off script on the midget segment a couple weeks ago.

New Day vs The Bar was pretty decent, interested to see which member gets put in the MITB match. I'd vote for Kofi myself, but I think Big E might get it, I've read they want to push him as a singles guy again. We'll see. It might be time to transition New Day into focusing on singles gold more now, they've done everything they could do as a tag team basically. Multiple reigns, longest Tag title reign in WWE history, had tons of great matches. Maybe start having them focus on the US and WWE titles and even possibly turn heel again.

Bludgeon Brothers segments suck. They also don't make sense. "Family is a curse" or whatever Rowan said...but...you guys were the Wyatt Family...and right now you're the Bludgeon "BROTHERS". I get the vibe they're trying to go for, but that's just sloppy writing. At least try to make a little bit of sense when you talk!

Andrade debuted, yay! Quick match just to show him off a little bit. That's fine. Hopefully he'll get a chance to show why he was such a hot hit in NXT soon.

Women's triple threat was surprisingly ok. Mandy Rose has a good finisher with the Angel's Wings there but she's very bland otherwise. Sonya Deville has promise, I love her strikes, she just needs to work on her psychology. Becky is good and she's likely the reason this match was decent. Also glad she won.

AJ/Shinsuke keep improving on their matches. This one was pretty good, and I like how Shinsuke won with the fake out. Very nice. I wonder what the stipulation is gonna be. Hopefully not a ladder match :p Already have 2 of them on the show. I'd bet on it being a cage match or some form of street fight.

Ratings
5 1
One of the better smackdown shows in a while. I don't want WWE got for putting a live mic in front of Carmella but it should 5 to life, hopefully, Asuka squashes her at MITB, nice win for nakamura, don't care about Bryan Big Cass feud,

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
I wonder how long Cass will be in the dog house :)

I'm surprised we're getting 2 heel vs heel MITB qualifiers next week (Lana v Billie Kay and Cass vs Joe). I guess it will be Billie and Joe going through.

Ratings
22 1
I imagine since Cass is in trouble right now, they might just feed him in a squash match to Joe to make him look that much more threatening as he goes to MITB. Or DBry costs Cass the match.

Billie and Lana could go either way, honestly. I'd lean more towards Billie, but who knows.