Latest
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE SmackDown LIVE Discussion Thread - April 17, 2018 from Providence, RI (#974)

TPIB

Ratings

When
United States: LIVE, Tuesday Night, April 17, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Wednesday Morning, April 18, at 1AM on Sky Sports Action & Sky Sports Arena

Venue
Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, RI

Confirmed Matches/Events

Night Two of the 2018 Superstar Shake-Up

Build to Backlash

Ratings
Had a feeling there would be no Nikki Cross after she was on a poster for NXTs shows at Download Festival. It's a shame. Her crazy antics would go down well.
But surprised by Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy swapping over.
They have also pretty much given away the fact that Matt and Bray are getting the RAW tag team belts by announcing Shaemus and Ceasaro are moving to the blue brand.
Looking forward to a Miz and Bryan feud.

Ratings
10 1
Yea I was thinking the same thing as far as the Tag titles go. Matt and Bray are basically a lock for that, especially now that we know Sanity is going to be on Smackdown and that dispels the rumor of Bray joining them.

The IC/US could still potentially switch if they wanted to do it. We've got Raw vs Smackdown in Jeff vs Jinder, and we've got the potential in the IC ladder match between Seth/Finn on Raw and Joe/Miz on Smackdown, plus I think Miz has a 1 on 1 rematch at Backlash for it as well if he didn't win it there.

Though I kind've expect Jeff and Seth to retain in those matches.

Smackdown was cool, I love the roster now, but it didn't feel as impactful as Raw did for some reason. Maybe they utilized the new talent in a way that packed more of a punch, but Smackdown felt more like "Oh hey look here's a new person. Yay." to me.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
That sucks for Nikki - I hope they bring her up at some point, she definitely adds to the whole Sanity gimmick.

I quite liked Smackdown, was surprised to see Joe, was expecting him to remain on Raw. I feel like Smackdown has a pretty good roster with Styles, Joe, Nakamura, Bryan, Cesaro, Benjamin, Rusev, Hardy, Miz and Orton - some great feuds/matches there.

I thought Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose would be feuding with Natalya and Rousey so was surprised to hear they moved over too. When I saw the Riott Squad on Raw I thought Absolution would be moved over until the angle with Natalya/Rousey.

Ratings
10 1
Yea Sanity won't feel quite the same without Nikki, she is perfect with them. Not enough opponents for Shayna Baysler though...I dunno. There's an Ember Moon rematch they probably will do - Then Kairi Sane, then they could be working on building up Dakotah Kai during that to let her have a match. That would get you through a few months. Oh, and how about Bianca Bel'Air? Anyway, with the way NXT works and length of time it takes to get places, those 4 alone would be enough to get us to August Takeover, I'd think. Maybe longer.

Last edited: