Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Roadblock 2016 Discussion Thread - March 12, 2016 from Toronto, Ontario

TPIB

WWE Roadblock will come to you, live exclusively on the WWE Network, on March 12 from the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
Triple H (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt

WWE Tag Team Championship:
The New Day (c) vs. Sheamus & King Barrett

NXT Tag Team Championship:
The Revival (c) vs. Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady

Build to WrestleMania

Last edited:

Barbarian1072

Can I just say how much i hate this event's name? It sounds about as exciting as a Big Show match, what was wrong with March to Wrestlemania?

Also, here's the updated card:

Ambrose vs HHH- WWE Title
Reigns vs Sheamus (again)
Lesnar vs Wyatt
Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs The Revival- NXT Tag Titles
Chris Jericho- Highlight Reel

pheadley

vince must be into racing at the moment. fastlane, roadblock, next one after wrestlemania will probably be T junction.

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
Explains Breakdown in the past as well... look out for Hairpin in the future too. I get the feeling that HHH will be running this show, much like it felt he ran the Beast in the East Special.

Look out for Brock killing any momentum that the Wyatt's have before Wrestlemania - which admittedly is not a lot to begin with and then in the main event, Ambrose will be moments away from winning the title when Brock will reappear and beat the snot out of him - thus gaining some revenge for Fastlane and, because we know it is happening at Mania anyway, foreshadowing the result of this match, Ambrose v Lesnar will be even more personal and overshadow Reigns v HHH even more.

Gomi

Lesnar costing HHH the title so he has a title shot at Mania and THEN destroying Ambrose would be much cooler.

Of course it won't happen, but it would throw a WTF is going on air over the whole of WM32, especially if they play up the anarchy on Raw with HHH, Vince, Shane, Reigns, Lesnar and Ambrose all tied into one big storyline.

Winner of Brock/Ambrose vs winner of HHH/Reigns with a MITB to start the night would through up a great clusterf*ck

Ah dreams... dreams...

Explains Breakdown in the past as well... look out for Hairpin in the future too. I get the feeling that HHH will be running this show, much like it felt he ran the Beast in the East Special.

Look out for Brock killing any momentum that the Wyatt's have before Wrestlemania - which admittedly is not a lot to begin with and then in the main event, Ambrose will be moments away from winning the title when Brock will reappear and beat the snot out of him - thus gaining some revenge for Fastlane and, because we know it is happening at Mania anyway, foreshadowing the result of this match, Ambrose v Lesnar will be even more personal and overshadow Reigns v HHH even more.

TPIB

The New Day vs. Sheamus & King Barrett for the WWE Tag Team Titles has been announced for Roadblock.

DC

It was a good show, with some great matches.

Enzo & Cass v The Revival was great tag-team action, Jericho's pre-match promo was good, Natalya v Charlotte topped their NXT outing and Triple H v Ambrose was fantastic (that false finish got EVERYBODY for that split-second).

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
Whilst it was a good show and it was for the most part I think some things where a bit off.

For a start, by making the Wyatt v Lesnar match a handicap match and then have Wyatt just bugger off it made him look the worst he has been period. Granted Harper actually was given more chance to shine against Lesnar then Rollins ever did but Wyatt just got crapped on.

Also they missed a trick by having Ambrose lose pretty clean against HHH. Granted it was a good match, it was competitive and made them pretty much look like equals but for the purpose of Mania and building towards it then having Lesnar come out and prevent Ambrose from winning, from a build perspective, would have made more sense. Now it just seems like when Reigns breezes past HHH at Mania that Ambrose is once more second best to him which seems counter productive given how the crowd feels about Ambrose and Reigns in general.

Then again, this is Vince's company and not even HHH can make him change his mind on Reigns at the moment - they had a falling out over it this week according to the gossip sheets.

Mathios_9

Enjoyed the show on the whole! Quality matches, as many have noted it puts other previous WWE Network special's (I.E Beast in the East) to shame a little. Was gutted Enzo and Cass didn't take the tag titles but a quality match all the same.

Obviously like most of the universe I was routing for Ambrose but expected HHH to retain. Agree with @EvilGringo regarding the finish, doesn't make much sense given crowd feelings towards Roman and Ambrose at the moment! Raw will be interesting moving forward, still Wrestlemania isn't looking the blockbuster they want it to be....think that's evident on their part by the Wrestlemania countdown advert featuring The Rock as it's focal point now!

DC

Whilst it was a good show and it was for the most part I think some things where a bit off.

For a start, by making the Wyatt v Lesnar match a handicap match and then have Wyatt just bugger off it made him look the worst he has been period. Granted Harper actually was given more chance to shine against Lesnar then Rollins ever did but Wyatt just got crapped on.

Also they missed a trick by having Ambrose lose pretty clean against HHH. Granted it was a good match, it was competitive and made them pretty much look like equals but for the purpose of Mania and building towards it then having Lesnar come out and prevent Ambrose from winning, from a build perspective, would have made more sense. Now it just seems like when Reigns breezes past HHH at Mania that Ambrose is once more second best to him which seems counter productive given how the crowd feels about Ambrose and Reigns in general.

Then again, this is Vince's company and not even HHH can make him change his mind on Reigns at the moment - they had a falling out over it this week according to the gossip sheets.
I agree completely in regards to Bray Wyatt. It seems like they are intent on having the character become a failure.

As for the clean finish in the main-event (ignoring the rapid-fire Dusty Finish), WWE would have got it in the neck if they went with a screwy finish, so they couldn't win either way.

Both men came out strong (Triple H overcoming a tricky challenger by the skin of his teeth and Ambrose putting himself through a table; Ambrose by "pinning" Triple H after one shot with his finish). That being said, the ruling itself stinks because if Ambrose had been in the exact same position in the middle of the ring it would have been the same "pressure" exerted on the pin; his feet being under the bottom rope gave him no additional leverage.

Also, The Revival have been my jam since they got together and while it would be nice to have E&C get a run, it's all leading to American Alpha finally taking down the heels in Detroit and that will be epic.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Also they missed a trick by having Ambrose lose pretty clean against HHH. Granted it was a good match, it was competitive and made them pretty much look like equals but for the purpose of Mania and building towards it then having Lesnar come out and prevent Ambrose from winning, from a build perspective, would have made more sense.
I think if they went down that route you'd have people complaining how silly it was since Heyman made it clear Brock wants the title. I liked @Gomi's idea, but we all knew they (Vince?) wouldn't have the balls to go through with it.

Lesnar costing HHH the title so he has a title shot at Mania and THEN destroying Ambrose would be much cooler.

Of course it won't happen, but it would throw a WTF is going on air over the whole of WM32, especially if they play up the anarchy on Raw with HHH, Vince, Shane, Reigns, Lesnar and Ambrose all tied into one big storyline.

Winner of Brock/Ambrose vs winner of HHH/Reigns with a MITB to start the night would through up a great clusterf*ck

Ah dreams... dreams...

Roadblock would have made these televised house shows way more special and must see if they had a Wrestlemania altering title change.

H}{H-Evolution

There really was just no way they were going to change anything heading up to Mania in this show. :lol:

H}{H-Evolution

Well we all know that, it's just waiting to see the inevitable results play out at this junction.