• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE RAW SuperShow Discussion Thread - October 17, 2011 from Mexico City, Mexico

TPIB

Ratings
63 1

(RAW SuperShow was taped on Saturday, October 15)

When
United States: Monday, October 17, at 9/8c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday, October 18, at 2AM on SkySports3 & SkySportsHD3

Venue
Palacio de los Deportes (Sports Palace) in Mexico City, Mexico

Confirmed Matches/Events

John Cena & Jim Ross vs. Alberto Del Rio & Michael Cole

First RAW to Emanate from Mexico

RAW & SmackDown Superstars to Appear

Final Build to Vengeance

Last edited:

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
I'm expecting something spectacular from Del Rio this week. The crowd should be hot for him.

DC

Ratings
539 2
I've been looking forward to this RAW ever since they announced Mexico would get a live show.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
I'm going to be watching, just because, in 2011, wrestling in Mexico > wrestling in America, but it's not like WWE's on a great role right now, so I don't know.

One thing, it'll be interesting how they handle Sin Cara. Will they mention Mistico? Will the Mexicans know he's Mistico? Will he noticeably play to it and effectively just become Mistico in a different coloured costume for the night?

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
I reckon he'll come out in his white gear again. Which is pretty sweet. :D

It's essentially a homecoming type deal for Sin Cara and Del Rio, so I'm expecting them to work their a*ses off in front of "their" fans?

Whatever happens I can't see it being as much of an unplanned rush job as last week's show was. Hopefully.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
It's been rumoured that some high profile luchas might be there, but I haven't heard names. Problem is, there isn't really a single Mexican wrestler WWE's non-Mexicans cores fans care about, so it would probably be a waste. I'd imagine the luchas will be confined to dark matches or some sort of spot fest battle royal that's designed to put over one of the Sin Caras somehow.

I wonder if Mysterio makes an appearance as they usually insist on pretending he's actually Mexican.

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
Well Mil Mascaras is apparently supposed to be on Smackdown, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone turned up on Raw?

Ratings
Yeah, Mil Mascaras is booked for Smackdown, whether on TV or not.

Rey is going on the tour so I assume he'd make appearances in front of crowds, although they might be dark as well.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
That would be pretty awesome. There's gonna be a lot of confused children staring blankly at their T.V.'s north of the border though. But who cares, Mil Mascaras is greatness and most American kids are probably homophobic, so f*ck 'em.

I see I'm going to have to just be a mark for the night enjoy this show in it's Mexican glory and not care what the "average viewer" thinks of the "product" and what effect it has on "business" and "ratings" "work" "shoot" "script" "angle" "build" "Brian Gerwitz"

DC

Ratings
539 2
It's been rumoured that some high profile luchas might be there, but I haven't heard names. Problem is, there isn't really a single Mexican wrestler WWE's non-Mexicans cores fans care about, so it would probably be a waste. I'd imagine the luchas will be confined to dark matches or some sort of spot fest battle royal that's designed to put over one of the Sin Caras somehow.

I wonder if Mysterio makes an appearance as they usually insist on pretending he's actually Mexican.
The one thing they'll have in their favour is that in Mexico, the guys who are well known should get a monster reaction from the crowd (much like Punk debuting on ECW).

If perception = reality, then seeing these guys get a "big deal" reaction will, in theory, make them come across as a big deal.

Ratings
Spoilers:

Credit:
prowrestling.net

WWE RAW SuperShow
Airing This Week

RAW SuperShow started with John Laurinaitis walking to the ring. He said that he's not happy being in Mexico and he doesn't feel comfortable. He talked about what happened last week with Triple H, C.M. Punk, R-Truth, and The Miz. They played a video from last week showing Michael Cole laughing because Laurinaitis fired Jim Ross.

Laurinaitis announced that the main event would be Alberto Del Rio and Michael Cole vs. John Cena and Jim Ross. The winner will decide the stipulation for Del Rio vs. Cena at Vengeance.

Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Christian defeated Randy Orton, Sheamus, and John Morrison. After the heels won, tthey continued with the brawl outside. Cody Rhodes tried to escape backstage, but Orton followed him to the back. Christian went through the crowd but Sheamus followed him also.

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes was announced for the Vengeance pay-per-view.

Eve (w/Kelly Kelly) defeated Natalya (w/Beth Phoenix).

Beth Phoenix vs. Eve for the Divas Championship was announced for the pay-per-view.

CM Punk (w/Triple H) beat The Miz (w/R-Truth). During the match, John Laurinaitis walked down and showed a document to Triple H. He told Triple H to leave the ringside area and he did. After the match, Miz and Truth attacked Punk.

Vickie Guerrero walked to the ring with Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Vickie announced that Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger will face Air Boom for the Tag Titles at Vengeance.

Zack Ryder beat Jack Swagger. After the match, Swagger and Ziggler attacked Ryder. Mason Ryan ran out to make the save and he said the he wanted to face Ziggler tonight.

Dolph Ziggler beat Mason Ryan via DQ. Ryan attacked Ziggler on the ropes and the referee counted to five to disqualify Ryan.

It was announced to the live crowd that Sin Cara will meet Sin Cara in a mask vs. mask match at the SmackDown taping.

John Cena and Jim Ross defeated Alberto Del Rio and Michael Cole. Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Cole. Ross applied a submission hold on Cole's ankle, and then Cole tapped out. Cena chose to make his title shot against Del Rio a Last Man Standing match at Vengeance!
Dark:

John Laurianaitis walked out and told Del that he will defend his WWE Title tonight against Cena.

John Cena beat Alberto Del Rio via DQ after Ricardo Rodriguez interfered. Cena hit Attitude Adjustments on Del Rio and Rodrigiguez and celebrated with fans. He said they made history with the first Raw taping in Mexico. He said he respects Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, and Rey Mysterio, and finally said thank you for coming!

Last edited:

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
358 2
I'll get to what I thought about the show later.

I'm not sure why, but after I watched Raw I ended up on youtube watching some old vids.

I really miss Chris and Eddie. =' (

DC

Ratings
539 2
That World's Strongest Slam was quite sweet.
Agreed; Morrison's selling of the impact was great.

Also great was the Brodus Clay hype vignette; he came across as a remorseless beast and was very believable too.