Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - May 14, 2018 from London, England (#1303)

TPIB

Ratings
63 1

When
United States: Monday Night, May 14, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Night, May 15, at 1AM on Sky Sports Action & Sky Sports Arena

Venue
The O2 Arena in London, England

Confirmed Matches/Events

Intercontinental Championship:
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Build to WWE Money-in-the-Bank

Last edited:

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
That was probably the best match Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins have had with each other. I dunno why but their Universal Championship matches a couple years ago just weren't all that great. But Seth is on fire these days, so it makes sense they do better now.

That spear through the doors on Jinder was pretty rad.

Drew/Dolph getting a big win was the right move.

The B Team is hilarious and I'm wondering how that'll play out. I mean, if we didn't have both the Authors Of Pain and Drew/Dolph working their way towards the tag titles, then I'd say we could build towards the B Team managing to overcome the odds like Heath/Rhyno did a couple years ago. But I don't see it happening...I mean I guess it's possible - but if it does happen, I'd expect them to lose the titles pretty quickly to AoP or Drew/Dolph or even the Revival.

Elias was over as hell, I love the guy. Too bad he can't be in MITB. I think Kevin Owens very well may win the briefcase this year.

I'm not sure what to think about Rousey vs Nia Jax. I don't think it'll be that good of a match, but it'll definitely have hype for what it is. It's also really hard to predict. I don't think they want to take the title off of Nia so quick, especially since they're trying to use her as a role model and kind've a Be A Star gimmick in the ring, but I don't think they want Rousey to lose so early in her career either. Buuuut they also probably realize Rousey shouldn't yet be champion either, so my guess is that this match doesn't end clean. Either there's some kind of draw type of finish in a double count out, or someone interferes to cost Rousey her first loss and if that happens, I'd bet money on it being Natalya.

Sami doing his best to try to salvage the Bobby Lashley angle and I'm interested to see what happens next week with the sisters. If it's the real sisters, it'll probably be a trainwreck.

Alexa Bliss is my current pick to win the Women's MITB. Ember Moon is a dark horse favorite in that as well.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
184 2
I'm not sure what to think about Rousey vs Nia Jax. I don't think it'll be that good of a match, but it'll definitely have hype for what it is. It's also really hard to predict. I don't think they want to take the title off of Nia so quick, especially since they're trying to use her as a role model and kind've a Be A Star gimmick in the ring, but I don't think they want Rousey to lose so early in her career either. Buuuut they also probably realize Rousey shouldn't yet be champion either, so my guess is that this match doesn't end clean. Either there's some kind of draw type of finish in a double count out, or someone interferes to cost Rousey her first loss and if that happens, I'd bet money on it being Natalya.
I'm totally expecting Natalya to cost her the match. We've still got a few more weeks where Rousey will probably come and rescue/support Natalya. After MITB, Natalya will talk about how Rousey took all the spotlight from her. I think they'll try to save a Rousey title win for Mania.

Sami doing his best to try to salvage the Bobby Lashley angle and I'm interested to see what happens next week with the sisters. If it's the real sisters, it'll probably be a trainwreck.
I wonder if we're going to get a similar situation ala Shelton Benjamin and his momma :D

Zack T

Ratings
79 1
hahah, we might. On that note, I wish Shelton still had his old music. AIN'T NO STOPPIN ME NAAAAH was much better than the generic crap he has now. Bobby Lashley's music is generic as hell too.

If this keeps up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby float around in the midcard until his contract expires. At least he used the Dominator on Raw.