Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - February 19, 2018 from Phoenix, AZ (#1291)

TPIB

Ratings

When
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, February 19, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, February 20, at 1AM on Sky Sports Arena & Sky Sports Action

Venue
Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ

Confirmed Matches/Events

Gauntlet Match featuring Men's Elimination Chamber Match Participants

6-Woman Tag:
Sasha Banks, Bayley, & Mickie James vs. Alexa Bliss, Mandy Rose, & Sonya Deville

Final Build to WWE Elimination Chamber

TPIB

Ratings
The Gauntlet Match (specifically the Seth Rollins vs. John Cena portion) was so good. The fact that WWE dedicated so much time to just Rollins vs. Cena alone was great. WWE made the right call in how they booked RAW this week; they put the best stuff early on in the show then put the less interesting stuff in the second and third hours of the show (ratings show that viewership drops off significantly in the second and third hours of RAW).

They did such an excellent job of building Seth Rollins up and making it seem like they have big plans for him in the future. Seth has never been more over as a face than he was in that Gauntlet Match.

The Icon

Ratings
Roman vs Seth part and Cena vs Seth was top notch. Thought it slowed a little for Seth vs Elias and Elias vs Finn but still good. Then it got great again with everything featuring Miz ,Finn and Braun.

I will say the fact Braun won means there is 1000% chance he doesn't win at the PPV. Same for Seth, he was booked so strong he isn't winning. Well they could do a surprise booking, but historically the ones who win big on raw lose at the supershow.

Like most I already assumed Roman was winning EC, but the fact Roman lost first makes me doubly think he's going over.