Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE RAW Discussion Thread 2019

Zack T

That Brock beatdown was very brutal and excellent, but I don't know where it leaves Seth. Such a brutal beatdown suggests he won't be on Raw this week, and might not be on Raw next week either. Will he make it to Summerslam? If so, I can't believe that he'll be in good enough condition to beat Brock. We already saw it took Seth at 100% + low blows to beat Brock at WrestleMania. This beatdown went well beyond just making Brock look like a jerk, it made him look absolutely totally superior to Seth.

I hate the OC name too.

I imagine someone will catch Maria napping at some point.

Why is Roman on Raw more than he's on Smackdown, the show he was actually drafted to?

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
I'm not liking the Reigns angle, well, I like the idea of a mystery attacker but the segments come across a little too cringey.

They keep pushing Joe like a beast then job him out...it's getting harder and harder to take him seriously. He looked like he was going to rip Reigns head off...then has to act all concerned when Reigns almost gets hit by a car.

Speaking of cringey...they went all out on the set for the 24/7 title segment :p

I don't know what to make of the Rollins promo...don't think it came across that well.

Goldberg? Urg! :sick2:

Zack T

Joe is well on his way to becoming the big man version of Dolph Ziggler. So legit, and yet never wins anything important for more than a week or 2.

I dislike this Roman attack angle too, and also the fact that they left it hanging going into Summerslam. Are Roman, Bryan, and Rowan going to have a match? Is Joe gonna help Roman? Or the Usos? Or what's going to happen? This should've been wrapped up and ready to go for the PPV but instead we're awkwardly waiting for them to announce it via social media or surprise us at the show.

What about Drew McIntyre and Cedric? Why does Drew never win anymore? All he does is lose tag matches and brawl outside the ring before his matches ever start.

At least Goldberg/Dolph will be quick and hopefully wash the bad ending of Taker/Goldberg away from our minds.

Rollins seems destined to lose at Summerslam. I think these brutal attacks have served to protect him from losing totally clean to Brock, at least now they can say "Well Seth wasn't 100%". It's Seth's own fault that he isn't 100% though, so it kind've makes him look too proud and egotistical to be smart. But whatever.

Zack T

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/0...-a-658410/

TLDR: Basically Joe was booked as a face for a second because Vince didn't want the Toronto crowd to cheer Sami so much, so they tease Joe being face, then turned him heel again after.

You know, if you didn't want Zayn to get cheers due to his gimmick (Which makes sense), maybe a better option would've been to just NOT BOOK HIM IN TORONTO instead of doing this weird Heel-Face-Heel insta-turn. But common sense doesn't seem to be one of Vince's strong suits.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
I was thinking about how strange that was! Speaking of Sami...I can't remember the last time he had a noteworthy win.

I thought that was a weird promo from Natalya, it sounded like she was going to turn heel...the proceeds to try and cry because it's the anniversary of her dad's death. I'm assuming she got some boos as fans thought she was just using it for the angle. Sasha was a nice surprise although I have to admit it felt awkward when the Canadian crowd were chanting 'thank you Sasha' while she beat down Natalya :oops:

Dash Wilder looked like a chump when Truth pinned Dawson. He literally just sat there whilst Truth could barely get up - why didn't he pin him again? Someone screwed up there. I quite like Elias as the champ, although I don't expect him to hold on to it for too long.

WWE seem to love doing these losing streaks - Finn Balor, now Rey.

Asuka and Sane got almost zero crowd reaction :sad:

Alexander/McIntyre was excellent, that Claymore at the end looked brutal!

I hope they make an effort with King of the Ring this year, oh and PLEASE do not have Baron Corbin get past his first match :)

Zack T

Rey is being used to put over younger talent, while Finn asked for time off so they used him to put people over on his way off.

A lot of 24/7 pins are that way though, they oftentimes take place where there's no opportunity to hit a proper move. So you see dumb stuff happen a lot, but just go with it.

Asuka/Sane get no reaction probably because they've barely been on TV in the last 2 or 3 months, maybe longer. Kairi's barely been on TV since she moved up to Smackdown.

Sami's last noteworthy win came before MITB, when he pinned Braun Strowman to take his spot in the match. However he had help from Drew and Lashley and Corbin. In fact that may be his only win since returning from injury.