Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE RAW 25 Discussion Thread - January 22, 2018 from New York City, NY (#1287)

TPIB

Ratings
63 1

When
United States: LIVE, Monday Night, January 22, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, January 23, at 1AM on Sky Sports Action & Sky Sports Arena

Venue
Manhattan Center in New York City, NY
Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY

Confirmed Matches/Events

25th Anniversary of Monday Night RAW

Stone Cold Steve Austin to Appear

The Undertaker to Appear

D-Generation X (Triple H & Shawn Michaels) to Appear

Ric Flair, The Dudley Boyz, Christian, Scott Hall, Chris Jericho, Eric Bischoff, MVP, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Ron Simmons, & The New Age Outlaws to Appear

The Godfather, Brother Love, The Boogeyman, Brooklyn Brawler, Harvey Wippleman, Theodore Long, William Regal, Ted DiBiase, John Laurinaitis, & Sgt. Slaughter to Appear

Trish Stratus, The Bella Twins, Jacqueline, Terri Runnels, Torrie Wilson, Maria Kanellis, Michelle McCool, & Kelly Kelly to Appear

Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler to Appear

Lilian Garcia, Jonathan Coachman, & Howard Finkel to Appear

Intercontinental Championship:
Roman Reigns (c) vs. The Miz

John Cena to Appear

AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, The Usos, The New Day, Shane McMahon, & Daniel Bryan to Appear

Jimmy Fallon to Make a Special Appearance

Final Build to the Royal Rumble

Last edited:

The Icon

Ratings
I would hate to be the fans in the building who don't get Austin. (Assuming he doesn't appear in both.)

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
I would hate to be the fans in the building who don't get Austin. (Assuming he doesn't appear in both.)
According to MapQuest, the two venues are only six miles away from each other so I guess it's a possibility if they really wanted to do it.

Honestly, it would make the most sense to have the legends appearing in the Manhattan Center and having the current roster appearing in the Barclays Center. That would, of course, be an issue if they wanted any interactions between past and present but, let's be honest, a lot of the legends scheduled to appear will probably appear in quick throwaway skits or they will just have a bunch of them in the ring at once or something considering they have over 30 legends booked for a three-hour show (four if you count the pre-show) in addition to the current RAW roster and a few of the SmackDown LIVE Superstars as well.

The Icon

Ratings
I found that to be a perfectly boring raw to be honest. Miz, Asuka and Braun were all fun. Everything else was filler or throwaway.

Also just give away Hardy vs Waytt, f*** off with that. That fued is done as far as I am concerned.

I am not the only one who was bored to sleep...

Ross and Lawler fell asleep.

Last edited:
Asuka wasn't fun. She was in an 8 woman tag match. She got a bit of heat at the end at least..

The opening segment was fun.

Wyatt vs Hardy was just plain daft...

But it was the greatest Raw ever because my captain Miz got his IC belt back, which means I have closed the gap on tso :partysign:

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
171 1
I thought it was OK, some fun moments, a few daft ones. Random thoughts:

- Great heat for the opening segment

- If they were going to do a final Taker match at WrestleMania, I would have expected a confrontation here

- It seems like Matt Hardy isn't building any momentum, have they left the broken gimmick too late?

- It looks like a few of the female legends have had work done, I didn't even recognise Torrie Wilson!

- Elias continues to impress :inlove:

- Didn't really care about the DX/Ballor Club face off

- Didn't like seeing The Revival get squashed

- I didn't really see the point of the legends surrounding the ring for the Lesnar/Kane/Strowman face off

I thought it was OK, some fun moments, a few daft ones. Random thoughts:

- Great heat for the opening segment

- If they were going to do a final Taker match at WrestleMania, I would have expected a confrontation here

- It seems like Matt Hardy isn't building any momentum, have they left the broken gimmick too late?

- It looks like a few of the female legends have had work done, I didn't even recognise Torrie Wilson!

- Elias continues to impress :inlove:

- Didn't really care about the DX/Ballor Club face off

- Didn't like seeing The Revival get squashed

- I didn't really see the point of the legends surrounding the ring for the Lesnar/Kane/Strowman face off
Didn't notice the heat in opening segment but enjoyable segment
Agreed
Not too late. They just haven't approached it in remotely the right way.
Agreed
Elias is the best damn thing on Raw
Agreed
Lazy creative.