Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Judgment Day 2009 Discussion Thread- May 17, 2009 from Chicago, IL (#11)

TPIB

The eleventh edition of WWE Judgment Day will come to you, live on pay-per-view, from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL (CM Punk's Hometown) on May 17, 2009.

The official theme song for WWE Judgment Day is "Rescue Me" by Buckcherry off of their new album- "Black Butterfly".

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship:
Randy Orton (c) Vs. Batista

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) Vs. Jeff Hardy

ECW Championship:
Christian (c) Vs. Jack Swagger

John Cena Vs. Big Show

Intercontinental Championship:
Rey Mysterio (c) Vs. Chris Jericho

CM Punk Vs. Umaga

John Morrison Vs. Shelton Benjamin

Last edited:

DC

Sounds like its going to be a terrible pay per view.
Why? Jeff/Edge, CM Punk/Umaga, Orton/Batista and Swagger/Christian should all be good matches and Cena v Show could be half-decent as well, depending on how it's booked.

Twig

Why? Jeff/Edge, CM Punk/Umaga, Orton/Batista and Swagger/Christian should all be good matches and Cena v Show could be half-decent as well, depending on how it's booked.
Yeah it looks like a really solid card to me too. Might be worth a d/l later on, but my laptops almost to the brim with memory.

The GS

Orton v Batista and the Cena v Big Show match look like they will be deadly boring... I think the Cena match would need some sort of stipulation to make it entertaining. I like watching normal wrestling matches but I just can't see the Cena match being entertaining... And as for the Orton v Batista match,.. There's been no build up so far really concerning the 2 and unless something surprising happens, I can't see it being any good.
I'm liking the whole CM Punk storylines and matches at the moment so his match should be good, I'm looking forward to the Edge v Hardy match too. I hope Christian v Swagger will be as good as their 1st match, fingers crossed.

Jericho123

Looks like a solid card, looking forward to Edge/Hardy and Christian/Swagger. Not at all interested in Batista/Orton, loving Orton at the moment but as soon as Batista's music hits i'm bored.

The GS

Looks like a solid card, looking forward to Edge/Hardy and Christian/Swagger. Not at all interested in Batista/Orton, loving Orton at the moment but as soon as Batista's music hits i'm bored.
I couldn't agree more.. I heard someone on here call him Boretista recently.. He'll put everyone to sleep the poor man.:sleep2: :sleep2: :sleep2:

TPIB

I know that I made the same prediction before Backlash, but given the recent push on SmackDown lately, I think CM Punk will cash in the Money-in-the-Bank opportunity at Judgment Day. He has defeated the champion two weeks in a row (with one of the wins being legitimate), so it seems like that is what they are building towards. Not to mention the fact that the event is in his hometown.

Zidane

I don't think so. Cashing in after a gruelling match with a highly dangerous 350 pound Samoan is probably not the wisest idea.

Jimmy Redman

Yeah, its strange because if they ever wanted to do it, a PPV in Chicago where he can get the monster pop is the place to do it, but its all wrong. Its like its too soon. Like if there was a PPV in Chicago later in the year, that would have been ideal because they would have had months to tease cashing in already and (theoretically) build him up to be credible enough and what not. Right now, it seems way too early to do it. They've begun teasing him cashing in on Edge the past two weeks on TV, and then, what, he just does it on the PPV? Two weeks into this angle, and while he's feuding with Umaga? I just cant see it.

The other thing is that he is facing Umaga on this PPV. He will, whether he wins or loses, probably be destroyed. So either he gets destroyed by a midcarder before winning the world title an hour later, or he wins and doesnt get destroyed, which kills Umaga. Although, wrestling logic does dictate that Punk will get destroyed just before he cashes in and wins.

But yeah. I mean for all I know they will do it because its in Chicago, but if they do its another one of those things that seems so totally rushed and wasted, like they havent thought things through at all.

Dave7g

Cena/Show will be cack, they have no chemistry, or maybe SHOW IS AWFUL. Punk/Umaga should be decent and Christian is a miracle worker, Orton vs Batista is a terrible fued, I don't think anyone on earth cares. Jeff vs Edge should be absolutley great. Now please JESUS don't add any Diva's or a "comedy" skit, and that should be an ok show.

Dave7g

Not for 20+ minutes of painful carcrash tv that goes nowhere, taking up the time a decent match could have had, no.

The GS

Not for 20+ minutes of painful carcrash tv that goes nowhere, taking up the time a decent match could have had, no.
I'd prefer to watch 20 mins of Santino's comedy to 20 mins of Batista's wrestling any day!

Twig

I'd prefer to watch 20 mins of Santino's comedy to 20 mins of Batista's wrestling any day!
If only it'd be cutting into one of the main event's match length... but more likely it'll cut short Punk/Umaga and/or Christian/Swagger. :sadtears:

TPIB

Rey Mysterio Vs. Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental Title has been added to the card. I expect Rey to win, but it would be neat to see Jericho break his own record again and become the first nine time Intercontinental Champion.

JamesMXPX

Think one more match added will make the PPV look a bit more "complete", it looks slightly bare at the moment, probably 'cause I remember PPV's in 2000 and so when there was like 11 matches on the card.

Although what has been booked looks pretty decent, Jericho/Mysterio is the start of something great, Swagger/Christian is the continuation of something pretty good, Punk/Umaga will be a solid match and Edge/Hardy's matches have been good over the years.