Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Hell in a Cell Discussion Thread - October 4, 2009 from Newark, NJ (#1)

TPIB

The debut edition of WWE Hell in a Cell will come to you, live on pay-per-view, on October 4 from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. All main event matches will take place inside Hell in a Cell.

"Monster" by Skillet, off of their new album "Awake", is the official theme song for WWE Hell in a Cell.

WWE Championship: Hell in a Cell:
John Cena (c) Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship: Hell in a Cell:
CM Punk (c) Vs. The Undertaker

Tag Team Hell in a Cell:
D-Generation X Vs. Legacy

Unified Tag Team Championship:
Big Show & Chris Jericho (c) Vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio

Intercontinental Championship:
John Morrison (c) Vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship: Triple Threat:
Kofi Kingston (c) Vs. The Miz Vs. Jack Swagger

Divas Championship:
Mickie James (c) Vs. Alicia Fox

R-Truth Vs. Drew McIntyre

Last edited by a moderator:

Jung

Its a shame that all main event matches which be HIAC. It basically ruins the gimmick and will dilute the last 2 HIAC (assuming there's 3) as after the first it will probably be losing its charm by the 3rd.

Plus it always ruins the whole point of them, a feud ender. Although if it's going to be that I imagine we'll be having a repeat of the top 3 matches from the last PPV (Orton/Cena, DX/Legacy, Taker/Punk)

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
And so the Hell In A Cell match dies.

1997 - 2009

Someone NEEDS to make a "Hell In A Cell - Leave The Memories Alone" video.

Jung

Does this mean now we'll have 4 PPV's a year which are centered around the top matches all being gimmick matches for no reason (No Way Out with the Elimination Chamber, Extreme Rules and now these 2)

Talk about going the whole hog to kill any potential meaning of a true gimmick match.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
The TLC is the last true gimmick match left n... oh... they did what?

Awesome.

Nemesis Enforcer

There is also going to be a TLC PPV Jung, so make that 5 that will be based around gimmick matches for main eventers

Jayfunk

question, does Vinnie Mac have to go through the wellness policy? because i don't know what he is on but he must be smoking something to come up with these Jems

Dante Spears

I understand how people are pissed about this Hell in a Cell PPV (as am I) but remember this isn't the first time Hell in a Cell has been the so called "staple" of a PPV, remember Badd Blood? They built up the HIAC in 2003 in one week.

Admittedly they never shoved it in our faces like this.

Jung

I understand how people are pissed about this Hell in a Cell PPV (as am I) but remember this isn't the first time Hell in a Cell has been the so called "staple" of a PPV, remember Badd Blood? They built up the HIAC in 2003 in one week.

Thats not why we're complaining. We are complaining because there's likely to be 3 HIAC matches in 1 night.

There's only been about 20-25 in 12 years. And there's been what 3 HIAC's in the last 3 years.

Its going to ruin the whole idea of it being special.

Jayfunk

was this not one of the worst hell in the cell, kevin nash/HHH (i could be wrong) but it was a waste of the gimmick

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Thats not why we're complaining. We are complaining because there's likely to be 3 HIAC matches in 1 night.

There's only been about 20-25 in 12 years. And there's been what 3 HIAC's in the last 3 years.

Its going to ruin the whole idea of it being special.
There's been 16. After this Pay Per View, there will have been at least 18. 11% of all the Hell In A Cell Matches of all time will take place on one night. If it's three, that goes up to 15%.

It's not even that though. To me, it's:

Pre 2009, Hell in a Cell means - Extreme, no other match with do, massive feud, a big blow off match, a huge shock, someone's going to get DESTROYED, and big deal.

Post 2009, Hell in a Cell means - It's October.

Jung

16 blimey even less than I thought. But yeah you've hit the nail on the head, it's going to completely take away all meaning it has.

The Bisch

so this means there will definitely be a HIAC match that doesn't involve Triple H or the Undertaker... at least one of them has appeared in 15 of the 16 held so far.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Triple H could be in the WWE title one, and Taker could be (and almost certainly will be) in the World Title one. I'm assuming there's only going to be two Hell In A Cells, one for each main title.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I can't see them doing three. I know one is over kill, but three is just stupid. I see it working the same way as the Elimination Chamber.

Jung

I can see 3 easily. Both title matches and I can't imagine DX not wanting to be involved, what with their egos.

Jimmy Redman

Yeah, DX got the third 'main event' submission match this time, I assume it will be the same. Plus with the feud it doesnt make sense not to have one.

Jung

The only way it wouldn't be 3 would be to combine those 2 feuds into like an 8 man tag so say DX/Cena/Batista v Legacy and a mystery partner Heck could even be a War Games, but that's wishful thinking.