Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Fastlane 2019 Discussion

Kam

Administrator
Administrator

The Matches

WWE Championship:
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair Singles match
(If Lynch wins, she will be added back into the WWE Raw Women's Championship match at WWE WrestleMania 35)

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship:
The Revival (c) vs. Aleister Black and Ricochet vs. Chad Gable and Bobby Roode

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship:
Asuka (c) vs. Mandy Rose

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. The Miz and Shane McMahon

The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) vs. Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship:
The Boss 'n' Hug Connection (Bayley and Sasha Banks) (c) vs. Nia Jax and Tamina

Andrade (with Zelina Vega) vs. Rey Mysterio

theVman

Even thou Fastlane is a bit of a "who cares" PPV the build has been really good.
Im thinking - obvs Becky will win and be added to the mania match.
Im assuming Rowan will get Daniel DQ'ed saving his title, leading to Kofi coming out and New Day and then aslo Harper in support of KO leading to Rowan and Harper in opposing corners going forward.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
I didn't really think much of the PPV - there was some nice matches/moments but I can't help but still feel underwhelmed bin the build-up to WrestleMania (so far).

I was totally expecting Miz to turn on Shane, so was a nice surprise to see Shane going heel. I guess all the McMahons will be heel heading into Mania?

Kofi got a great reaction - especially the 'we want Kofi' chants in the main event.

Elias never got interrupted! :omg:

I guess we're going to see Natalya and Beth team together again for the Womens tag titles at Mania? I'm assuming a four-way - so Nia/Tamina, Iconics as well as the champs. With WWE trying to stick as many people as possible on the Mania card, it looks like we're going to get a few three/four team tag matches at Mania.

Poor Mustafa...got the same kind of reaction Roman did when he won that Royal Rumble where the fans were hoping Bryan would win :)

I can understand why Ronda did what she did but I thought the match was a bit of a let-down. Although I suppose it builds up the story.

I loved The Shield video, some nice highlights there! Good brawl to end the show, leaving the show on a high.

Zack T

When are you going to be able to update the Predictions area Kamelot?

I'm pretty sure I won Fastlane. And I'm #1 in the Fantasy League right now too. Everything I touch turns to gold, I'm on fire.

theVman

I felt like the WWE really let us down with Fastlane - it had a great build and all the BIG matches were a bit lame or had lame finishes - im just glad that some of the unadvertised matches like the fatal four way and Mustfa Ali showing up was thrown in to give the PPV some good stuff.

I think considering the crowd were shouting "We want Kofi" i feel like Ali made a believer out the crowd by the end of the match. I know Vince is playing the ultimate heel again but i really dont understand why Kofi wasnt given the title opportunity at a "who cares" PPV like Fastlane. I doubt anyone is really buying that Kofi will walk out of Wrestlemania the Champ.

I said it before and ill say it again the WWE insistence on having Charlotte involved in the title match at Wrestlemania is killing the best story they have had for years. That was such a lame finish, for a massive let down of a "match".

Im not a massive Joe fan but he put on the best match of the night with Almas, Rey and Truth.

I didnt think anything amazing was gonna happen with the Shield but i saw i lot of people predicting a Dean Ambrose attack on Roman or something along those lines. I didnt want that to happen but given that match was given the main event slot and after three hours of watching Fastlane i started wishing for something interesting to happen.

There was some good stuff that happened on Raw after.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
When are you going to be able to update the Predictions area Kamelot?

I'm pretty sure I won Fastlane. And I'm #1 in the Fantasy League right now too. Everything I touch turns to gold, I'm on fire.
You did indeed top the Fastlane Predictions and are currently joint 2nd in the main overall Predictions leaderboard as well as being top of the FWL :worship:

theVman

My Fastlane predictions were terrible. Although looking back at some of the choices i made ive be left thinking "why the hell did i make that choice". That will teach me to do my predictiins whilst watching TV, i clearly wasnt paying attention to what i was clicking.

Have there ever been two voided matches before. I remember the world cup was voided when shane won but i think that was classed as one match.