Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Fastlane 2018 Discussion Thread - March 11, 2018 from Columbus, OH (#4)

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
The fourth annual WWE Fastlane will be a SmackDown LIVE exclusive pay-per-view and it will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on March 11 from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH.

The official theme song for WWE Fastlane is "Lean Back" by Sur, which is available now on iTunes and Spotify.

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Championship: Six Pack Challenge:
AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena

United States Championship:
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Randy Orton

SmackDown Women's Championship:
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ruby Riott

SmackDown Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (c) vs. The New Day

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev

Becky Lynch & Naomi vs. Carmella & Natalya

Last edited by a moderator:

The Icon

Ratings
I still hate the name fastlane. An opinion I also shared last year.

Anyway nitpicking aside I really can't see how they can stretch out AJ, Sami and Kevin for 5 or 6 more weeks. It ran out of steam already long ago.

The Icon

Ratings
Apparently not. There are options they are just lazy. At least after fastlane we have the build to a dream Styles match.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
For some inexplicable reason, the WWE Title match at Fastlane has been changed to a Fatal 4-Way Match with the winner of the match between Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin on next week's SmackDown LIVE being added to the match. Why they've decided to add Dolph or Corbin to the match is beyond me. They've had nothing to do with the WWE Title picture whatsoever as of late.

Last edited:

The Icon

Ratings
Yeah Shane tweeted that. Never mind Bryans yeah Zayn and Owens movement. Shane seems to have a Dolph movement.

By the way I think its part of the whole top 10 superstars crap that they are trying to push. Which incidentally died on its arse already as soon as they put Tye Dillanger at number 10.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
The WWE Title match is now going to be a Fatal 5-Way Match with Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler added to the match.

EDIT: The match is now a Six Pack Challenge with John Cena getting added to the match. Let's see if they can make it through one more episode of SmackDown LIVE without adding anyone else to the match. :lol:

Last edited:

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
171 1
Thought it was an OK show.

- Rusev got a fantastic reaction from the crowd! I don't get why they're not pushing him!

- I can't say I care much about the Jinder/Orton/Roode angle, however the good thing about it is they'll all be in one match at Mania, easier to skip :p

- As much as I like Rowen and Harper, I hate the gimmick, it just needs to be less cringe.

- Asuka/Charlotte face off got a great reaction. With Bliss out the picture, maybe they'll do a Bliss/Jax tag match against Baley/Banks at Mania?

- I don't want to see Shane McMahon in a match at Mania, I'm bored of him already.