• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Fast Lane 2015 Discussion Thread - February 22, 2015 from Memphis, TN (#1)

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
The inaugural edition of WWE Fast Lane will come to you, live on the WWE Network and select pay-per-view providers, on February 22 from the FedExForum in Memphis, TN.

The official theme song for WWE Fast Lane is "Faster" by Kid Ink off his new album, "Full Speed", which is available now on iTunes.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Face-to-Face Confrontation Between Triple H & Sting

Winner Faces Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania:
Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns

United States Championship:
Rusev (c) vs. John Cena

6-Man Tag:
Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, & Erick Rowan vs. Seth Rollins, Kane, & Big Show

Intercontinental Championship:
Bad News Barrett (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Goldust vs. Stardust

Divas Championship:
Nikki Bella (c) vs. Paige

WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (c) vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd

Miz TV with Special Guest Paul Heyman (Kickoff Exclusive)

Last edited:

bigmatt

Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
[video=youtube;glamAR4Pi4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glamAR4Pi4o[/video]

Jayfunk

Ratings
Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns will be a double count out or DQ to make it a 3 way dance at Mania.

DC

Ratings
539 2
Tensest moment of the main event will be when both Reigns and Bryan are knackered and end up in opposite corners. Whichever one runs first for their finish (knee or spear); will they be countered with the other's finish?

Ratings
I fully expecting Roman Reigns to cleanly pin Daniel Bryan with a spear after a good match. Then afterwards they shake hands. I am not holding my breath over a triple threat match. Actually, I would prefer not to see another 3 way main event at Mania.

bigmatt

Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
[video=youtube;gWfXRHjgjEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfXRHjgjEg[/video]
[video=youtube;p-iID2imjOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-iID2imjOE[/video]

bigmatt

Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
I wonder if AJ Lee will return here? Saving Paige from a 2-on-1 beatdown?

Jayfunk

Ratings
This is the way i see fastlane

Triple H to Call Sting Out for a Face-to-Face Confrontation

Sting comes out says nothing HHH does all the taking sting points to mania sign HHH nods match for mania

Winner Faces Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania:
Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns

Double count out or Double DQ either way no winner triple threat at mania

United States Championship:
Rusev (c) vs. John Cena

Rusev to win Cena to win at mania

Intercontinental Championship:
Bad News Barrett (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Dean needs a win and has been a growing "star" (in WWE terms anyways) BNB is boring in my eyes

Divas Championship:

After toliet break i will expect to see Bella with the belt up high when i come out

WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Usos (c) vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd

Usos will be busy at mania with there dads HOF induction so can see them dropping it here

bigmatt

Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
Sheamus to cost Bryan the match
When the Sheamus vignettes first started airing that scenario immediately sprang to mind (especially when you consider all the Wrestlemania manoeuvrings) but I don't see it. This is to decide the Wrestlemania main event opponent for Brock Lesnar. If Reigns' is winning he needs a big win to give him some momentum. A face defending his title shot via a heel taking out his opposing babyface is unsatisfying. Bryan would still have a stake in the title picture and what do you do then? It's possible but I hope it doesn't happen. If Sheamus is returning before 'Mania then he must have a match though.

bigmatt

Forum Leader
Subscriber
Ratings
It would be a really good touch if Brock is there as a surprise at Fast Lane. His music hitting and him and Heyman coming to watch in between the promo for the Bryan/Reigns match and the first guy arriving would get a great pop. They could end the show with the Mania main event face-off too.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
220 3
From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

SKY TO AIR FASTLANE FOR “FREE” IN THE UK

- In an interesting twist and change to their contract, Sky in the United Kingdom will be offering the WWE Fastlane pay-per-view “free” live on Sky Sports 1 and Sky 1 instead of Sky Box Office. With the new deal that kicked in last month, all twelve WWE pay-per-views were supposed to air on the Sky Box Office platform and for a price of £19.95, a £5 increase for each show. With the old deal, Sky showed four out of those twelve shows on Sky Sports and not on pay-per-view. WWE now shows all their pay-per-views on the WWE Network in the United Kingdom which sells for £9.99 a month, half the price of what Sky charges on their Sky Box Office platform.

Shaun2J

Do what thou wilt
Subscriber
Ratings
131 1
I guess it's a small compensation for the showing of the Royal Rumble for free on the next day after.

Ciaran The King

Legend in the making
Subscriber
Ratings
I can see Brock and Heyman being in attendance for the main event, I still think either Sheamus or Brock will get involved in the Reigns/Bryan match but I don't think it will have a direct affect on the outcome

DC

Ratings
539 2
Dean needs a win and has been a growing "star" (in WWE terms anyways) BNB is boring in my eyes
What do you mean by "in WWE terms"?
Divas Championship:

After toliet break i will expect to see Bella with the belt up high when i come out
Bit sexist here, no?

While it's not on the level of the NXT women, Nikki Bella has improved a great deal and Paige, when motivated, can put on a great match.

As for the matches, I'm going with these for the winners.

Cesaro / Kidd (new champs)
Paige (new champ)
Rusev (Cena passes out in The Accolade)
Barrett
Reigns

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
Only someone as far down the totem pole as poor Jayfunk can mention of the "toilet break" cliche about women's matches and get called on it :lol: Everyone in the world calls them that, the WWE even use them to calm down over-excited crowds on big show like WrestleMania because they know no one gives a shit and don't want the crowd burning itself out in the main event stretch.