Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WWE Clash of Champions 2019 Discussion

Kam

Administrator
Administrator

The Card

WWE Universal Title Match

Braun Strowman vs. Seth Rollins (c)

No DQ Match
Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan

WWE Title Match
Randy Orton vs. Kofi Kingston (c)

RAW Women's Title Match
Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch (c)

SmackDown Tag Team Titles Match
The Revival vs. Big E and Xavier Woods (c)

SmackDown Women's Title Match
Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley (c)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
The Miz vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (c)

WWE Women's Tag Team Titles Match
Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross (c)

RAW Tag Team Titles Match
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode vs. Braun Strowman and Seth Rollins (c)

WWE United States Title Match
Cedric Alexander vs. AJ Styles (c)

Triple Threat for the WWE Cruiserweight Title
Humberto Carrillo vs. Lince Dorado vs. Drew Gulak (c)​

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
I can't say I was that excited for this PPV...

I've not seen the kick-off show so can't comment on either of those 2 matches, I was surprised to hear that the AJ Styles's match ended up there!

I thought the end of The Revival/New Day match was weird...did someone mess something up?

Sasha/Becky was good, it really gave a shot in the arm to Becky who needed to regain some of that momentum she lost from earlier in the year. I hope they can keep Sasha looking strong too.

It looked like most of the crowd used up all their energy in the Sasha/Becky match as they seemed pretty dead for Kofi/Orton.

I saw that Luke Harper was trending on twitter this morning so I was expecting him to show up. Good to see him back! I thought the Reigns/Rowan match went on a little too long, was alright.

I still can't believe how they messed up Braun's push, I can't see him getting the title anytime soon now. I'd also worry about The Fiend, as soon as he loses a match, that's the end of his mystique.

Zack T

I didn't watch Clash, but I imagine the crowd just didn't care about Orton/Kofi to begin with. It's been an ok program but honestly, Kofi's title reign has basically been this: They push him as the underdog finally getting his moment in the sun, and then virtually every time he talks or New Day talks for him it's all about how hard he fought and how hard he'll keep fighting (it's so repetitive). Then he wins pretty much every time, which kind've deflates the underdog approach. Aside from a couple beatdowns he got at the hands of the Revival and Orton, he's mostly been untouchable since becoming WWE Champion. I love Kofi, but that's gonna eventually make fans turn on him because it feels like he's being force-fed to us now. "YOU WANT KOFI AS CHAMPION HUH? OK, HAVE ALL THE KOFI YOU CAN HANDLE"

Really surprised they brought Luke back for this, can't imagine it'll last long.

I agree about Fiend's mystique being at risk. It's just far too soon to be putting him in the title picture, but Bray sold crazy amounts of merch over Summerslam and Vince sees $$$ signs, so here we go. Poor Braun. He should've been champion by now. Blah.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Really surprised they brought Luke back for this, can't imagine it'll last long.
I think he only has until the start of next year unless he signs a new contract. I forgot to mention how he looked like he'd lost quite a bit of weight too. Will be interesting to see how they use it for whatever time is left.