Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Writing Robots

scififan

I have just read an article about Artificial Intelligence being able to write fiction and news reports! A company backed by Elon Musk and others has developed a "robot" called GPT2. They say that it is "too dangerous to be released" which is probably just great marketing spin.
Imagine if it is true, though! Can a robot have anything it desires to express, or just do a good job of seeming like it does?

17 Below Zero

From what I understand, this "program" has been trained to predict the next word in a sentence.

So next time you read a news article and think "Well, that sounded predictable", you'll know why.

It may be able to write it's own stories, but they they will be filled with words that are bland and predictable. That being the case, I don't see how that can be dangerous as long as we have smart, creative people in our cultures.

scatman

If it were too dangerous to release, why make press out of that fact? Besides, it sounds like software, not a "robot".

Elon is a hard one to figure out. Smart as a whip, saying some fairly weird things.