Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Writing a novel or a story

Lunatic

I’m actually thinking of writing something. I got the characters in my mind already and I’m trying to write some plots. Sometimes I just trap myself into my fictional world and I really enjoy that. I wonder any of you guys also like writing stories. Maybe we can exchange some thoughts and experience as well!

Poppy

I'd love to write the next great novel, but I haven't the talent for it. I'll have to take the supportive role of cheering you on. Which genre would you say best fits your idea?

Snarky-Guru

How far along are you, Lunatic? I'm more like Poppy, I'm no writer, but you have a fantastic goal and I hope you reach it.

didge

When I think about anything, I usually write it down so that I don't forget. I have countless stories that I have tucked somewhere in my files, and every time I read them, a new plot idea develops in my mind. For how long have you been writing @Lunatic?

Lunatic

I mostly stick to some historical eras for my stories. My recent one is the Victorian era and I have got a couple of ideas in a Medieval setting as well. Though usually I don’t stick to real countries but similar settings. The main one I am developing, is about one year old in my mind. I have notes in my Google drive but I haven’t attempted to sit down and connect them. Honestly, I enjoy creating characters more than plotting, haha.

didge

When reading a novel (or any other book for that matter), do you create imaginary scenes in your mind? I think that is all you need to be a writer of a good story; the ability to be creative. Later on, you will be under the guidance of many other professionals. Go for it @Lunatic.