• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Wrestling wish list 2006.....

MojoPogo

Ratings
What would you like to see happen in the wrestling industry as a whole in 2006? Could be something small, could be something grand, doesnt matter, lets see what everyone wants!

Heres my wish list:
1. WWE to stop the idiot booking, bad taste angles, and misusage of talented midcarders......

2. TNA to get a strong foothold to challenge the WWE properly.

3. More AJ vs Joe!!!!

Simple, not unrealistic, well maybe the WWE bit, but thats what im after, if you want tomko v snitsky, hey, more fool you but put it down!!!

Ratings
1. and most important and obvious.. Cena drops the belt
2. Benoit or RVD or Rey win the World title (i can dream)
3. TNA have a solid year and become a global company
4. Christian becomes NWA Champ
5. Paul Heyman leaves WWE and becomes TNA head booker
6. Matt Cappotelli recovers from his tumour and gets called up sucessfully to the WWE roster :)

MojoPogo

Ratings
Danny Styles said:
1. and most important and obvious.. Cena drops the belt
2. Benoit or RVD or Rey win the World title (i can dream)
3. TNA have a solid year and become a global company
4. Christian becomes NWA Champ
5. Paul Heyman leaves WWE and becomes TNA head booker
6. Matt Cappotelli recovers from his tumour and gets called up sucessfully to the WWE roster :)
None of those are unrealistic mate. I think most people would like to see Cena drop the belt. RVD Benoit or Rey, that would take Vince seeing sense, which is a bit more unlikely but still possible, and Christian? Great call! I'd LOVE to see that! But will Jarrett allow it? Hmmm. Hope so!

The Beltster

Ratings
603 1
Hogan vs Austin with Hogan winning clean with the legdrop. Anything else I could care less, as long as that were to happen, I'd be happy.

the HiTman

Ratings
Either for TNA to become global and/or a star to lead the WWE into the next boom period.

I think it will take both TNA to have a good year AND the WWE to find the next star to make a boom happen, but we can only hope.

Other little things I would like to happen;

-Stop with the WWE legends.
-World title/WWE title back to being important again.
-Real tag division in the WWE.
-Less PPV's so that the big ones can have proper build ups (i know thats not going to happen).

MrFill

Ratings
All WWE Cruisers to leave and go to TNA.

CM Punk to wake up and go to TNA - screw the money Punk, go where you'll be respected!

Masters' push to be stopped as soon as possible, if not sooner.

Cena to drop the "I can't be beaten, because I'm Stone Cold John Cena" routine and actually wrestle a match to prove that he deserves the Gold.

Some real challengers to the World Title on SmackDown - why do you think there was no title defense at the PPV? Because there was nobody to defend against!

WWE to stop the rubbish booking and storylines, put on some decent shows for a change.

TNA to stop trying to use old superstars to bump the ratings. I'm looking at you, Sting, DDP, Savage, etc.

Jarrett to have a clean win if he's going to retain, none of this "20 people run in to save him" crap - if you can't retain clean, then drop the belt already!

There's more, but my vitriol level would sky-rocket.

MojoPogo

Ratings
MrFill said:
All WWE Cruisers to leave and go to TNA.

CM Punk to wake up and go to TNA - screw the money Punk, go where you'll be respected!

Masters' push to be stopped as soon as possible, if not sooner.

Cena to drop the "I can't be beaten, because I'm Stone Cold John Cena" routine and actually wrestle a match to prove that he deserves the Gold.

Some real challengers to the World Title on SmackDown - why do you think there was no title defense at the PPV? Because there was nobody to defend against!

WWE to stop the rubbish booking and storylines, put on some decent shows for a change.

TNA to stop trying to use old superstars to bump the ratings. I'm looking at you, Sting, DDP, Savage, etc.

Jarrett to have a clean win if he's going to retain, none of this "20 people run in to save him" crap - if you can't retain clean, then drop the belt already!

There's more, but my vitriol level would sky-rocket.

Couldnt agree more with Masters. He's a sack of cack to be honest.:thumbup2:

Kanenite

Ratings
More Wrestling in the WWE
Kurt Angle to be WWE Champion
RVD to get a decent push
Chris Benoit not to leave
Kane to get a decent push so he challenges for the WWE Championship
A phenomenal Wrestlemania

That should do for the moment but I could add a whole lot more to the list.

Ratings
Trish Stratus to turn heel
Christy Hemme, Gail Kim, Sable, Dawn Marie and Jackie Gayda to be resigned
Stacy Keibler to turn heel
Chris Masters and Edge to become WWE Champion
Hogan not to be anywhere near a WWE show
Stephanie Mcmahon as Raw GM
Rey Misterio to stay in the cruiserweight divison
Vince to stop jobbing Bischoff
Orton to go over everyone cleanly and be put over as the best!

Jack

Ratings
I'd love Hoagn and Austin to have a match at WrestleMania 22. It's still the only proper dream match left, for a WWE fan anyway, so it must happen, before neither can wrestle again, which can't be too long, considering the state both are in. If this match doesn't happen, I'll be very dissapointed.

RoH needs to get more recognition. It's better than WWE. It's better than TNA. It's better than every other indy company, no matter how good PWG, and others are.
Yet, very few people have given it the time of day, which dissaponts me.

Edge to get a big push. I'm not his biggest fan, but I really do think he si the future. He has a good look (If incredibly thin, he needs to bulk up), has proven mic ability, and has had some decent matches in his career obviously. He needs to be carried, or atleast wrestle a capable opponent or the match is awful though.

Another I'd liek to see pushed are, Paul London and Brian Kendrick. They have a great tag team look, with the new masks, long sleeveless coat, and matching wrestling attire. The have a brilliant amount of tag team moves, which is what proper tag wrestling is like, and of course, both are brilliant wrestlers. Other than that, neither are poor on the mic, especially not London, who can cut a pretty good promo. They arn't lacking much at all really, so I hope this is their year.

Rog

Ratings
Goldberg Vs Samoa Joe
TNA to still be in business....please God!!!
WWE to be better, just be better!! Be better at doing wrestling.

Ryan

Ratings
1. for WWE to hit a boom period again and to stop with the crap booker and writing.

2. for Vince to actually realise that Cruiserweights are very exciting.

3. i want the roster split to go and get rid of the WWE tag titles (the ones that were debuted in 2002) merge the two world titles together so we only have one WWE Heavyweight title and and maybe get rid of the US title so that the CW, IC, World Tag, Womans, WWE Title will have alot more credibility.

CoTT

Ratings
1. No more Cena getting shoved down our throats.
2. Austin vs. Hogan at 'Mania with Austin winning.
3. More time for cruiserweights.
4. Stop pushing superstars for their size alone.
5. A few world champions who can actually wrestle a bit.

Jack

Ratings
The poblem with Joe/Goldberg, is, neither wrestler change their matches enough to make it interesting. Why watch a match, when you have seen each and every one of their moves, 100's times over?

Just another point about Joe, he, and most of the X-Division, need to tone their style down. People moan about WWE doing it to their wrestlers, but they are doing the right thing by the wrestlers. How many times have you seen a wrestler dropped clean on his head in WWE? Very rare. I've seen Joe (Due to his obesity), land on his head about 3 or 4 times per match. A good example of this, was his match with Kobashi. Joe's weight causes him to land on his head, because he can't land properly, and add that to a half nelson suplex, means Joe won't be wrestling in 5 years, guarenteed. Look at AJ's bump from Genesis. A german suplex onto a thin, steel, guardrail. It's ridiculous how much wrestlers need to do to get a pop from the crowd, and in the long run, it's going to mean a lot more major injuries.

If most of the X-Division are wrestling in 5-10 years, I will be suprised. It's too high risk, and the management need to realise there is more important thigns than high spots, and the odd bit fo money you will get from high paced wrestling.

MojoPogo

Ratings
You know, the man might just have a point. But neither should they be wrapped in cotton wool. Its finding the balance that is soooo difficult. Hell, if it was easy, we'd be booking. Though i reckon some of us ACTUALLY COULD do a better job than the wwe bookers!

Ratings
Bischoff vs McMahon, with Bischoff winning.

Angle, HBK to win WWE Championship.

A good Wrestlemania

RVD to get a large push.

HBK heel turn. Angle babyface turn.

Cena heel turn.