Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Wrestling Covid

scatman

How does everyone think the Covid will effect the WWE and wrestling in general for the long term? It is a contact sport and audience members are packed in like sardines sometimes.

DJames

I doubt there will be any fans for quite a while. I mean how can there be. Maybe after a vaccination is out, fans can start coming back to watch sports.

Lyre93

Wrestling (and sports in general) depends on an active audience, not only in terms of revenue but also for a charged atmosphere. For instance, The Undertaker's last Wrestlemania match would have had a different effect if performed before a live audience!

17 Below Zero

You know how they can project holographic images of people in front of audiences? Do it for sports venues. Maybe not football or soccer stadiums yet, but wrestling venues might work well.

Poppy

It's odd because Vince seems to be carrying on as usual. He's holding the same PPVs, but limiting the audience and production crew as he's required to by law. That's about it really.

You know how they can project holographic images of people in front of audiences? Do it for sports venues. Maybe not football or soccer stadiums yet, but wrestling venues might work well.
I've thought about that, but I think they haven't taken that route because they know it would be a terrible decision. They'd be the butt of every joke for a long time afterward. It's usually pretty easy to tell when there's a manufactured audience and fans will wonder why there's a crowd gathered in the middle of a pandemic that calls for social distancing. Vince will end up vilified for putting "all those people" at risk and imagine how quickly that will spread over our media landscape today.