• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Wrestlers who 'made' other wrestlers or not

Horowitz

Ratings
Not sure if we've had this thread before but it got me thinking after reading a recent quote from CM Punk about wanting to make a couple of people before he's done to make sure the biz still has a future.

Mick Foley comes to mind for helping make Triple H from early 2000.
Also the match against Randy Orton from Backlash '04 springs to mind.

Anyone have any other examples of this or the opposite?

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
The first one I thought of when I saw the thread title was that Mick Foley made Triple H.

To take it more modern, you could suggest that Jeff Hardy made CM Punk, in terms of him becoming a top level main-event title-contender.

mappc

I don't think Foley made Triple H per say but he did show that Hunter had a more dangerous side to him. Plus Triple H was already the business top heel at the time. I would say more Foley made Orton because Orton was still young and rising in his career.

awstevans

Ratings
In a way Foley also helped push The Rock.

The Rock turned heel and won the title against Foley.
Plus the I Quit Match at the Royal Rumble.

The Rock would have been a star regardless but his feud with Foley really made me think he was a top heel.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Ratings
Foley, Austin and McMahon all together made the Rock I'd say. Actually, in the rise of the Rock, Ken Shamrock played a pretty important role.

3BigDen

Ratings
The miz made Daniel Bryant....kind of? What about ric flair made Mr perfect.. Triple h made shameus...kevin Nash made goldberg

Eddie

Subscriber
Ratings
Mr Perfect was probably at his most successful prior to working with Flair, AWA Champ and 2 time IC champ in WWE were high points in his career not that the US Title wasn't 'equal' to the IC in WCW but he was already as big as he could be by then in my opinion, which probably lead to him having it as WCW didn't build as many stars as they should have and the push was probably on merit of his WWE run.

Ratings
i would tend to think macho man made DDP a main eventer in WCW. I was a big fan of their feud in 1997.

I agree that taker made mankind but also taker made kane in my opinion. Alot of why the kane character could evolve and survive had to do with being the brother of the undertaker so i would give taker both of those. Undertaker also made the APA during the ministry era. Would also chalk up one for the deadman with jeff hardy as far as a singles competitor goes. The ladder match for the title on raw and the respect taker shows jeff afterwards was a big moment.

I would say randy orton made cody rhodes as well as wade barrett in my opinion.