Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

WrestleMania 27: The Undertaker vs Sheamus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraVen

Give me love, give me freedom, give me DAVE MELTZER~!

-- The Wrestlemania plan as of now, which means it'll change tomorrow, is Undertaker vs. Sheamus in a title unification match, and Cena vs. Miz. They're also more open to turning Cena heel than possibly ever before, although they understand the risks (merchandise sales may fall, the people who got into wrestling because of Cena may stop watching again, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:

JC

People who got into wrestling because of Cena may stop watching if turns heel?!

I don't believe a word of it.

If we are talking about people still taking wrestling as 'real' then I would think they will tune in MORE to see what has happened to the clean-cut hero they once adored.

It's no secret, I have been waiting for John Cena to turn heel since about 2005. They've somewhat missed the boat in my book for the best reaction to a heel turn but it will be good to see none the less.

Last edited:

DraVen

They couldn't turn him just yet because his merch sales were consistantly the money-makers for the company. Turning him heel would hurt that considerably, baring in mind that his fanbase is young people who don't view wrestling like we do. Just because WE want to see a heel Cena, doesn't mean that anyone else does, which is a shame but just how it goes. And you only have to look at the Steve Austin heel turn of 2001 which pretty much kickstarted the downturn of the entire wrestling business to see why they would be iffy about turning their top star.

Luckily, because it's been going for nearly six years and finally they have Randy Orton stepping into the #1 face role, they don't have to worry so much any more. As long as Orton captures everyone's imagination and they build up one more big babyface name (Morrison? Pretty much essential to do so at this point) then it'll be more likely to finally happen.

Jayfunk

Undertaker vs. Sheamus
Boy the streak will not end this year then :rolleyes2: the most predictable match of his streak.

but thinking of it WWE's piss poor booking they will drop it to him

Jayfunk

no but then again I didn't think Edge, Orton, Dave, HBK, HHH or any one else who has made up this dull and predictable series of matches. But this year it would be worst if he wins then WWE should pack up shop and end for they would have no clue on wrestling if they did

DraVen

That makes no sense. It would be perfectly fine if Sheamus defeated The Undertaker. I don't see how it wouldn't, or how it would kill the WWE. If anything, it would help it out big time.

Dante Spears

If you're honestly going to call the HBK vs Undertaker matches dull then you're a moron.

And I'd say Orton had the best chance of ending the steak and the only reason we're going off about how it was obvious that the streak didn't end then is because we're talking in retrospect.

Jayfunk

If you're honestly going to call the HBK vs Undertaker matches dull then you're a moron.

And I'd say Orton had the best chance of ending the steak and the only reason we're going off about how it was obvious that the streak didn't end then is because we're talking in retrospect.
sigh... insults when will people learn they mean nothing on the INTERNET.

No Dante, I was referring the predictability of the results and thus this year would be even worst, I hopefully they will change it to Cena

That makes no sense. It would be perfectly fine if Sheamus defeated The Undertaker. I don't see how it wouldn't, or how it would kill the WWE. If anything, it would help it out big time.
Yes it would be ok for someone with limited ability to beat Taker when others who could have been bigger stars off of the back of it didn't win such as orton who is ten times better than Sheamus. Face it Sheamus isn't the future WWE needs he is no star and IMHO never be much of one, he is just another on the long list of meh new stars add miz to that list as well

Last edited:

Paul

I dont like SOS, never did, but he is a very talented wrestler. If you think he has no (or limited) talent then you really dont understand pro wrestling at all.

Jayfunk

Why? I have at no stage been drawn into watching anything is has been trying to do, so to me he doesn't work and therefore have limited ability but then again its personal taste.

It seems to me that the WWE are like Liverpool FC.

Liverpool kept selling players and replacing them with increasingly shitter players. WWE had massive stars and each time one of them disappear then they are replaced by increasing shitter and less talented wrestlers until we are at the bottom of the pily when people like Miz and Sheamus are the hope of WWE. God help the industry!!!

Paul

Why? I have at no stage been drawn into watching anything is has been trying to do, so to me he doesn't work and therefore have limited ability but then again its personal taste.
No wrestler entertains everybody, none at all. I agree, I dont like SOS, but im not blind to his talents.

Jayfunk

No wrestler entertains everybody, none at all. I agree, I dont like SOS, but im not blind to his talents.
Surely rating ones talent is also subject to opinion?

Sure he is a big guy who moves ok in the ring, but again this is taste, He is averge on the mic and average in the ring. I wouldn't say is a standard out apart from the fact that he needs a tan because he looks stupid.

So to me he can't draw me in, in ring and mic work are average so I am confortable in my earlier statement he has limited ability nothing to do with being blind to his ability just don't think what ability he has is nothing to write home about

Paul

Surely rating ones talent is also subject to opinion?
To a small degree. Enjoyment is the main and biggest opinion within an art form. Would I say Cezanne was a bad painter because I dont like his work? No. Certain people may even claim he has no talent just because they cant appreciate him. Those people would be close minded.

And so it is with wrestling. If you cant see talent just because you dont liek someone then you are blinded.

Jayfunk

no I disagree. Because maybe they have limited talent but you may overrate him. its an opinion talent was go black and white then WWE would have all the best talent but they don't

Frank Botch

I remember watching SOS wrestle in front of like eighty people back in the day, and I said to my friend, this guy will be world champion one day. I could have met him too but I couldn't be bothered, his match sucked too (though it was IWW so that was a given). At least 3/4 of that story is true.

EDIT: Well that post doesn't have any news in it, I thought this was the comment thread..

DC

no but then again I didn't think Edge, Orton, Dave, HBK, HHH or any one else who has made up this dull and predictable series of matches.
Predictable I'll give you, but Edge, Orton, Batista, HHH and HBK (x2) were not even close to being dull matches.

Paul

Didnt Jay once say that to him a predictable finish means a dull match?

Status
Not open for further replies.