Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Wrestlemania 23 Discussion Thread - 1st April 2007

SuperKick Kid

Well, we know for a fact that MITB will happen once again at Wrestlemania and that we already know who two of the competitors in the match will be.

The question is who will be the other competitors? and Who will win the match?

We already have Edge and CM Punk heading into the match at Wrestlemania and coming up this Friday we have Kane vs King Booker to decide another competitor.

As for who will win in Kane vs King Booker, well according to Smackdown spoilers , it is
King Booker

Now, the next week is coming around and who will be the other three competitors?

I'll venture a guess at Jeff Hardy, Sabu, and Kennedy.

As for who will win...it wont be Punk, Sabu, Edge, or
King Booker.

I'm going to say Kennedy or Jeff Hardy.

Last edited:

Al Stevens

For money in the back it would be hopeful to say CM punk however i cant say i would see jeff hardy winning it, if anyone would win i would probaly go for someone like Edge at the moment. However when the whole match is listed then i would make a proper prediction.

The Great Ahmar

-- Toy maker JAKKS is preparing to release a Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy “Money in the Bank” toy set. This is an indication that they will be involved in this match at WrestleMania.
Source: Wrestling-edge.com

MastersGonads

I would take that with a pinch of Salt....

TNA figures are sold in the WWE Section in Toys R Us Times Square, does this give us the clearest indication that Vince actually owns TNA
Source: MastersGonad's latest shopping expedition.....

Christof

Kennedy would be the man I'd go with. They're building him up something big for 2007 and it would be a natural progression. I expect kennedy to have had a decent main event feud by Mania 24, possibly even a reign.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
totally agree. Ken Kennedy will get the title this year whenever it happens. I believe he'll be mr money in the bank this year.

TNA TNA TNA

Kennedy will definitely win. I would have loved to see a few more extreme wrestlers in the ladder in the bank match

TPIB

I have got to go with Kennedy as well. It just makes sense for him to win it, given his build as of late. There is still one spot open and I would almost bet money that it'll be Randy Orton. So if Kennedy doesn't win, Orton will be my second choice, but come to think of it, WWE would need to put another ECW star in the match to even it out.

SuperKick Kid

Powerslam, have a prediction of Kennedy winning the MITB and winning the belt off Taker during the summer!
Kennedy can win the belt without the Money in the Bank.

If you ask me, it will go to Jeff Hardy.

Jeff for Mr. Money in the Bank

Kennedy for 2007 KOTR

SuperKick Kid

kennedy all the way, can't see anyone else who has been on a hotter streak than him lately
Yeah some real streak that is. Have you seen No Way Out or this weeks ECW or Smackdown?

Or even the weeks leading up to No Way Out?

Yep, that is some hot streak.:p

Danny Styles

Yeah some real streak that is. Have you seen No Way Out or this weeks ECW or Smackdown?

Or even the weeks leading up to No Way Out?

Yep, that is some hot streak.:p
not with wins and losses, i'm talking about how he has been performing

i used to hate him (mainly because the Kennedy.. Kennedy thing on the web annoyed the crap out of me) but he has recently cut some awsome promos, and improved lots in the ring, and the crowd have really started to hate him now

TPIB

I've really always been a fan of Kennedy's. I just like his character and the way in which it is presented. I love the 'old-school' microphone gimmick (although he's been doing less of that lately). I think Kennedy looked good on this week's ECW. Sure he got pinned, but he still managed to do very well in the match. How awesome would it be to have Kennedy win the MITB briefcase and then cash it in after the World Title Match at WrestleMania and win? That's a distant dream if you ask me (plus I stole it from when Edge said it).

SmackDown! Spoiler
Has Booker ever been in a ladder match? I just don't see him fairing well in one.

Citizen Kane

After Raw, I'm pretty sure Orton will be in it. If he is, I can definatly see him winning, and even possibly cashing it in aginst the winner of Cena/HBK.

Other than that, Kennedy is a definate possibility. Doubt he'd cash it in after either Title match though. I think he's a lock for a Title reign in the next year and this fits perfectly into that. Jeff and Edge being in a Ladder match together again would be fun, and I can see Punk doing well in this also.

Should be a great match though. Might not match the WM21 effort, but could better last year.

SuperKick Kid

After Raw, I'm pretty sure Orton will be in it. If he is, I can definatly see him winning, and even possibly cashing it in aginst the winner of Cena/HBK.
Problem with that is Orton is teaming with Edge next week for their Tag Title rematch against Cena and Michaels.

So I figure Jeff will win this coming Monday.

MastersGonads

Tensions will soon begin to run high between RKO leading up to the MITB match......expect a split either before or at WM23.....

Clarkey

It has no doubt already been said but I'll say it again anyways, but I worry about Edge being in this match, because of his Wrestlemania winning streak being at stake. It's something I didn't want him to lose anytime soon especially when they could milk Taker/Edge, streak vs streak next year. I really can't see Edge winning the MITB a second time. They could have Orton get a place as others have said, have Orton cost Edge the win in some way and build the fued between the two that way. But I would rather Edge lost his place in the match through Orton in some way, and have a match between the two at Mania. Edge/Orton could even be a number one contenders, with the MITB winner most likely being Kennedy anyways.