Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Worst Sequels

Hal

In another thread, I was talking about Zoolander. It got me thinking about movies that were amazing but were followed by sequels that just failed to come anywhere close to the original. The time I spent watching Zoolander 2 would have been better spent picking dirt out of my fingernails. It's time I'll never get back. Super Troopers 2 is another one that really disappointed. What about you? What do you think are the worst movie sequels?

didge

I think that the reason some sequels perform dismally is because of the belief that every box-office success probably deserves one. Interestingly, I never really watch sequels and it saves me the trouble.

In my own opinion, the Predator sequels were made to milk the cow more because of the success of the first movie. Some movies don't need sequels in order to make the movie better.

Zack T

Now You See Me 2 is a recent one I saw. I LOVE Now You See Me, it's fantastic. Now You See Me 2 seemed like a good idea beforehand, but the movie ended up being confusing and unnecessary :(

Boomer

The John Wick: Chapter 2 wasn't as well written as the original, and the third installment was even worse. I'm glad that Keanu Reeves has done other, more interesting projects.