Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Worst fights in MMA history

lymmo

Mickey Gall vs CM Punk occurred on the PPV portion of the UFC 203 fight card, and most fans expected the former WWE champion to put up a good show. Instead, CM suffered a terrifying beat-down from the very first minute.

Gall soon advanced position and lured him into submission via a Rear-Naked Choke, in the first round. Most fans were in utter disbelief!

Gall vs Phil "CM Punk" Brooks

didge

It is unbelievable that CM Punk suffered a terrible beat-down. I would have expected him to put up a fight. I just read that he could be making a return to WWE 'if the price is right.'

DandyMandy

Eh, most crossover fighters/wrestlers struggle in my opinion. It's rare to find one who is great at both. Punk is still awesome.

For my answer, I'm going with the two most emotionally charged bouts I've ever witnessed. The first was during UFC 119 when it was Frank Mir vs. Mirko Cro Cop. Both Mir and Cro Cop seemed to be nearing the end of their careers, didn't want to get hurt, and didn't want to lose. There wasn't much to it really until the knockout win by Mir in the third-round. It was rough.

The second was during UFC 207 when it was Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes. Both women had something to prove and poor Rousey looked freaked (to me) from the get go. She hates to lose and defeating Nunes was supposed to be her great redemption after losing to Holly Holm. The tension was palpable. Poor Rousey went down in 40- some-odd seconds. She was understandably devastated. I felt horrible for her.

jack25

Eh, most crossover fighters/wrestlers struggle in my opinion. It's rare to find one who is great at both. Punk is still awesome.
Most of them do, with a few exceptions like Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio and Bautista. Others like Nathan Jones were neither accomplished wrestlers nor successful mixed martial artists. Do you also recall Bobby Lashley?

scatman

I recall thinking he's getting a bit too old for this. Sure, he doesn't look his age......44 is it? But I always looked at this as being a young mans sport.

jack25

Well, Bobby Lashley looks like nothing close to his age. He had a 15-2-0 MMA record which is fair enough. What is a bad fight in your opinion; one that didn't last for long or that was bloody? I would say both.