Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

With or Without Subtitles?

There are times when I like to watch a film with subtitles, especially when there are scenes that characters speak a different language. I still prefer watching a film or a documentary that doesn't have a subtitle, so I can focus on what's happening instead of reading the subtitle.

Zack T

I don't have an issue reading subtitles and keeping up with whatever's going on, though if I can already understand the words then I don't really want subtitles on there.

Meerkat

It doesn't bother me as well. The subtitles might help others who can't catch up with the audio or have a hearing problem. I know someone who learned how to speak English by reading the subtitles of movies.

headrush

I like turning on subtitles even for English-language movies and TV. They help if characters speak softly or use lots of regional slang or names.