Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Will relationships survive?

Ogmore

Thanks to the coronavirus many of us are staying home much more than we normally would. Working at home, eating at home, worshipping at home, watching new movie premieres at home, and that's a lot of time to spend with your significant other assuming you live together. Do you think your relationship will survive all this togetherness? Do you think the divorce rate will go up since families have had to practice social distancing and have had to do most everything for themselves (no nanny, housekeeper, gardener, or schooling)?

Evelyn

I reckon there'll be another baby boom soon. I work as a nanny and from what I can tell, most people in London are still using household employees. I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but I bet a fair few are holding on to their support staff as tight as they can.

jack25

Well, this is a hard one to predict unless we study past trends or narrow down to a specific region. Again, there is the possibility of relationships thriving as a result of this togetherness. How long before we get coronavirus behind us? I don't recall a recent time in which there was so much disruption!

Spade

It’s somehow sad when we think about whether corona will affect relationships, if you think about it. That means people can’t get it together when they spend more time with each other or when they are under stress. I hope the figure won’t be big.

jack25

It’s somehow sad when we think about whether corona will affect relationships, if you think about it. That means people can’t get it together when they spend more time with each other or when they are under stress. I hope the figure won’t be big.
Well, you know they say that "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Friends/lovers who don't see each other often, have a greater affection. Whether or not this is true is debatable. In my opinion, communication is what keeps relationships going. When you stop communicating, you slowly grow distant!

Lunatic

Some couples I know were saying they got less time with each other because of that. But one of my friends who is currently in a long-distance relationship said it doesn’t bother him anyway. I guess it’s true. I would say people who could get through the challenge of not seeing each other often/ seeing each other so often, have true strong bonding between them.

jack25

Some couples I know were saying they got less time with each other because of that. But one of my friends who is currently in a long-distance relationship said it doesn’t bother him anyway. I guess it’s true. I would say people who could get through the challenge of not seeing each other often/ seeing each other so often, have true strong bonding between them.
I also know a few friends who are getting through this period despite not seeing each other often. Either work has them living in different cities or traveling all the time. How couples get through this phase depends on the nature of their relationships and how they handle challenges.