Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Will Quentin Tarantino retire?

Poppy

The director Quentin Tarantino has suggested that he'll be retiring soon. I think he even put a number on it - he'd stop directing once he made 10 films. Is he just courting the press or do you think he's serious? What do you see Tarantino doing instead?

Although I doubt Tarantino will retire after his 10th film, I wonder what he'd do instead. He has multiple talents and it would be interesting to see how a second career might play out for the bloke.

Hal

I don't think he's courting the press, personally. I think he really believes ten movies will be enough for him. Whether or not that's the case when it happens, we'll see. He might "retire" and then come back or he might just decide he has more stories he wants to tell. Either way, I don't think he's going to really be done after 10. Maybe I'm just being an optimist.

I would say that it is good for him. I have high respect for people who are contented with their achievements and not to prove anything more than what they have done. He made his movies like art that we can view them over and over again.

lymmo

Well, word has it that he is retiring so as to concentrate on writing movies and probably start writing theater. He's an Oscar winning director/writer so there's nothing left for him to prove plus a creative will almost never lack something to do!