Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Who's in your inner circle?

jack25

Apart from my most immediate family, I can count the number of people I hang out with or talk to, every so often. I have great colleagues at work but that's just it; we hardly visit each other. Most of my close friends are those we grew up with but we live miles apart. I think there's more fulfillment in having few but true (family) friends.

TynBox

I agree. "Loose" friends, those you recently hit it off with and will probably be gone in a few years, are not nearly as important as good, solid business associates and contacts.

Family is a given, I think. You have to hold on to them.

didge

Well, most times we don't even realize it but when you are the one always calling other people to find out how they are doing, then it becomes a problem. If you come across genuine people, hold onto them because they are rare gems; few and far apart.

Zack T

I don't keep up with hardly anyone. I used to have a firmer inner circle where I could say it's 2 or 3 people, but now? I suppose those same people still are my inner circle, but the dynamics have changed between my now ex-wife, my best friend who is now also an ex-relationship and trying to recover from that, and another best friend who we've just grown distant due to life and not keeping up with each other. I don't have any work friends currently, nor people I see outside of work beyond my son and my ex wife (we're friends, but I don't tell her everything like I did when we were together).

Hopefully I'll have another 1 or 2 people added as the ladies I talk to go further...hopefully. They might fizzle out too. Then again maybe not.

Greylien

My inner circle consists of people I work for or with, and that's about as far as it goes. I do have one friend back in my hometown, but that is a few thousand mile Facebook friendship at this point.