Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Who's Buying the Switch Lite?

Toby80

As someone who is always on the move, the Switch Lite appeals to me as it would be a great travel companion. The original Switch was a little bit out of my price range and so I never purchased one but I think I could justify the lower price of the Lite. I know there are some other drawbacks which some people may not be keen on but to me, it looks alright. Is anyone else planning on getting one?

Image Source

Poppy

Absolutely! I know some people are a bit bummed that it doesn't hook up to a telly, but it's an ultraportable device which has won me over. I just hope the screen size is large enough to play on.

DandyMandy

Yep, I'm getting one. I have the Nintendo Switch and I mostly play it in handheld mode, so I don't mind that the Lite version doesn't work with the television. The Lite model has a better battery life and it's easier to pack away and carry around. What's not to like? Though I do hope they come out with a Pro version eventually and I was expecting that instead of the Lite. But yeah, I'm in for one.

Ogmore

I have the Nintendo Switch and I'm probably going to trade it in for the newer version of the console. It has a longer battery life and it's important to me that I am able to switch playing modes which is what drew me to the Switch in the first place. So the Lite version is a pass for me. Will the same games work for both? Since I'm not buying one, I didn't think about that factor until just now. I would be more inclined to buy if the same games were compatible with both models.

Zack T

I can't imagine Switch games not working on Switch Lite, that'd be a horrendous business decision.

coleman

The Switch Lite is going to be launched on September 20 but my question is, what makes it different? See, standard Switch functions either as a home console that you can connect to your TV or as a portable handheld device. On the other hand, the Switch Lite will only function as a portable handheld device.