Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Who killed the chatroom?

The Icon

Seriously who was it*. I remember the days when day or night there would be 8 to 10 people there minimum. Now its almost always fully empty.

Can people start to use it again, or is there some way to promote it better?

Russ? No probably not.

Fiona

Yea the chatroom used to be busy all the time. Ever since Rebecca left the site no one goes in there hardly at all.

The forum is the same lately too. I've noticed that there are less people posting, it doesn't seem as busy as it used to be. Maybe it's the state of wrestling these days, or maybe some of us have more important things to do than sit online all day. I know I don't post as much as I used too.

Nimf

Subscriber
I think when the chat room changed from digichat, a lot of people stopped using it. Plus, you now have to be a member to go in which puts some people off. Oh and the fact the mods can't go invisible to spot trouble makers has made a few people avoid the place - it's harder to prove who's being 'naughty' when they stop as soon as the mods go in!

The Icon

True that, Digichat was much better. Actually I didn't know about either the mods couldn't be invisible now nor about had to be a member now.

Saz

I can address some of the issues, I know that logging on for members only may seem a bit inconvenient at first, however, the Chat room was riddled with people messing about and usually using some fake name to cause trouble.

One member was also using the chat rooms to prey on women for cybersex and photos and when the private messages were captured and sent to admin, they just said it wasn't them.

It would be nice to allow guests in, but I think the days of the chatroom being shared with the people of smash and everyone having group hugs is kinda gone.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Wait, there were women giving away photo's in the chatroom?

(now watch the rooms fill!)

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Error - Reference lost to 99% of forum users

Abort / Retry / Fail

The Icon

One member was also using the chat rooms to prey on women for cybersex and photos and when the private messages were captured and sent to admin, they just said it wasn't them.
I can attest to this, he was always there. I would often enter the chat room as a wrestlers name + fan. Sometimes a female wrestlers name. Depends which wrestler was my favourite that day. Say TrishStratusfan.

Anyhow I do recall one guy always asking in pm to people are you female, do you want to cyberpm. Don't recall him ever asking after photos mind.

DraVen

Chat rooms are a dying entity. Everything is moving towards real-time anyway, so no one really needs to be in a chat room talking about wrestling when we have the likes of the forum, Facebook, Twitter etc., to keep our attention.

I think it may be time for TWO to look towards the future (or, hell, the present) and start thinking about ways to embrace current trends so that we can get rid of the chatroom.

(Move vBulletin to Xenforo or Invision, for a start :))