Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Who haunted your childhood dreams?

DandyMandy

In the spirit of Halloween, which movie villain freaked you out the most when you were a kid? I spent countless nights spooked over Freddy Krueger. What made him so terrifying was that he attacked when the victim fell asleep and that's a basic biological function no one can defeat despite the many methods his victims (and kid me) tried. Plus, he seemed to relish the act of playing with his victims and taunting them before going for the kill. I mean, Jason Voorhees wasn't that scary because he just went after horny teenagers who were in that area and he killed them quick, but with Freddie, anyone was game and he treated it as a sport. Who haunted your dreams?

Pluto

I remember being scared of Frankenstein when I was little. Since then, most horror movies generally made me terrified, so I avoided all of them. Now I don't remember the reasons, but I still avoid horror movies if possible, since I won't be able to see them in my dreams if I don't know how they look like or what they do.

Rambler

I used to freak out but keep reading eyewitness stories about Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and ghosts in general. Pictures were a huge plus!

Ogmore

Jason and his infamous hockey mask starred in the first horror film I saw as a child and it chilled me to the core back then. I have no idea why really when Jason lumbered about at a snail's pace. Even my six-year-old self could've outrun him. Sadly, my logical reasoning skills weren't quite up to par back then.

whaleshark

I remember being scared of Frankenstein when I was little. Since then, most horror movies generally made me terrified, so I avoided all of them.
My parents would just leave the TV on. I saw one of the old Frankenstein movies that way, and it really freaked me out. I found out about zombie mummies thanks to my parents, too.