Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Which internet browser do you use?

Which is it?

• Total voters

Paul

What you do is you make a poll about browser use and see who looks down on you for using IE. There you have it, unfunny tw*ts. Its great.

Nimf

Subscriber
IE, it works, does all I require of aninternet browser, so I'm happy!

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I use Safari, just because it's there really, and I've never had any problem with it. I have Firefox too, but I don't tend to really use it, mostly out of habit. Honestly, I can't really tell too much difference.

Laffy

Wales forever!!!
I use Flock at home it is mainly set up for social networking and is brilliant. I could not get FF to stop crashing on my computer and had the same problem with IE so could be the computer as I am still on Windows 2000. I love Flock it is simple and efficient.

Gemsi

IE7 and 8 are perfectly fine and IE9 should be really good. IE6 was fine and still is if your net use is limited, but it's going to be obsolete in a couple of years when more sites convert to HTML5, CSS3 and stop supporting the browser (as Google are already doing), thus at worst every IE6 should be upgraded to 7 as minimum. In about 5 years, the browser will be completely dead, as it should be.
It'll be amusing to see how close to the cut off date our college actually get before they finally give in and allow the system to update to IE8. It's still on IE6 and I hate not having tabbed browsing now, it confuses the crap out of me now. I guess we have only had one minor virus in the 3 years I've been at the college, and as far as I'm aware since they got the second Firewall nothings been breached as far as anyone is aware.....But still!

I use IE, I like IE it is what I'm used to, and also is the browser we need to know inside out for my course, so it makes most sense to continue to use it. It's never done me wrong, so yay for that.

Shaun2J

Subscriber
Firefox went bananas on me, so I started to use Opera.
You should all use Opera and make love to all these shortcuts!

etz

Tried numerous other browers. Chrome is alright but flaky on some sites, FF (using now) is probably the best alt, but it randomly crashes and causes me all kinds of shite. Using the latest IE at home, but I hardly ever get any issues. Probably because I'm not browsing obscure or dodgy sites.

Magic

The first apple tree.
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Chrome. It's perfect for me. Used to use IE but it annoyed me and was a bit slow so I moved to chrome when it came out and I love it.

takemethere

Ha just heard two boys on the bus home having a conversation about this. It's a hot topic apparently! There was definitely some IE name calling...

Boyo

Bloody hell, I didn't even know there were that many browsers!? I can only assume that I use Internet Explorer. I bought my Dell PC, dragged it out of the box and put it on my desk. Windows Vista was already installed and the internet logo I click on to start the internet is a blue "e" with a gold bit going around it. I guess that's "IE", and I believe mine is "8", although I couldn't tell you for sure.

So how do I get Firefox then? And what's so good about it?

And, this may and probably does sound very stupid and ignorant to you geeks, but if my browser is "Internet Explorer", then what is Google, and what is Sky Broadband? Google is my search engine? Sky Broadband are my provider and Internet Explorer is my browser, right?

Why is it that I can get online if I click on my blue "e" or if I click on my "Sky logo"? Am I still using Internet Explorer no matter what I click? I genuinely don't know.

Cheers!

The Beltster

Google is my search engine? Sky Broadband are my provider and Internet Explorer is my browser, right?
Yeah thats right. Sometimes you will be asked for your ISP and that would be Sky (Internet service provider).

Why is it that I can get online if I click on my blue "e" or if I click on my "Sky logo"? Am I still using Internet Explorer no matter what I click? I genuinely don't know.
Yeah you will be using IE regardless as its set as your default browser.

To get Firefox, go HERE.

You might not like it at first, I hated it, but got used to it and now I prefer it over IE.

FreeSpirit

I use Internet Exploer 8.0 which is fantastic and suits me down to a tee. I have Firefox loaded onto my laptop too, but barely use it.