Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Which internet browser do you use?

Which is it?

• Total voters

A.C.

Just read through the Ch-ch-changes thread and the discussion of internet browsers on there aaaaaand I'm off work and bored so I thought I'd post a thread...

Which browser do you use and why? Any special tricks or tips you like about your browser that might tempt others to switch?

I'm on Safari at home as I'm pretty much Mac-exclusive now. I have Firefox, Chrome and Opera on the MacBook but I went back to Safari after a fair crack of the whip with each. Safari looks lovely on a Mac - integrates properly with the rest of the design scheme and whatnot. It's got the ad-blockers I need and I know the shortcuts and so on so it just works for me. Used Chrome for quite a while and then, all of a sudden, the ad-block seemed to go mental and started blocking all sorts of relevant content. Couldn't fathom how to fix it so back to Safari I went.

Anyways, what about you lot?

[ETA] And no over-the-top disrespecting or flaming! These bits of software are only tools and are nothing to get upset over! :)

Last edited:

The Cork

Google Chrome, cuz I have a lot of add-ons like Coolris and TV Chrome on my toolbar and I got some cool themes and that. Rarely use Firefox, only if I need to download stuff.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Opera for general surfing as it's quicker than any of the others. FF for everything else. If you use IE then you're a fool.

Ruderz

Subscriber
Crazy Browser, I don't really care what one I use anyway... but the shortcuts are really familiar to me and I know how to work it so, might as well keep it.

ScottyB

To me Crazy Browser sounds like something that'd rape your PC and give it a shit load of spyware.

Jozzoh

I'm using a Mac, Safari is crap compared to Firefox IMO. I only use Firefox now, simpler to navigate

Anime Otaku

I used to use Firefox but when I went on youtube I kept getting big banners saying my browser was out of date despite my having the latest version so I switched to Opera, it's not bad though I might go back to FF as I miss Stumbleupon and the Twitter addon I had.

A.C.

I'm trying to recall why I stopped using FF on the Mac. The main thing I miss from FF is the option to just have little Favicons on the bookmarks bar. I think my memory might be at fault, though.

Phil

IE, simply because I got a new PC about 18 months ago and IE works fine, so I've had no need to switch to FF.

Fiona

I've been using Firefox forever, but my son uses Opera on his laptop. He says it's faster and he seems to like it. I don't know the shortcuts on Opera so prefer Firefox. Never tried Chrome.

DraVen

I switch between Firefox and Chrome, but the latter is slowly beginning to grow more on me.

takemethere

I use Firefox but I have trouble with it. It freezes easily and when I try to go on Blackboard (university web-based learning nonsense) it has an absolute fit. Plus whenever Firefox freezes it never responds and I have to log off to get off it because when I try to close it I get the "Windows is trying to find a solution" or whatever message and it'll just do that until I log off/shut down. That may be a Windows fault though...

And I downloaded Chrome a while ago and I find it pretty similar to Firefox but I have too many shortcuts on Firefox to stop using it, so I just use Chrome for Blackboard.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
My Firefox has the same issues with Blackboard. That's the one thing I use IE for these days. Other than that, I use Firefox because of the add ons and ease of use. Did use Opera for a while, but switched to Firefox and never looked back.

Paul

I use IE, it does anything I need it to and it has a great function of showing me who the tw*ts are on forums.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
Does it highlight all of Jayfunk's posts?