• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Which game first fed your addiction?

Ratings
Which game did you pick up as a kid or teen that first drew you into gaming? For me it was was probably Super Mario Land on the old school Gameboy (remember that thing?) and I used to play it until my hands cramped. I had played other games before, but that was the one that I was most serious about.

Ratings
Zelda on Gameboy made me a gamer. The sad thing for me back then was that the Gameboy was not mine because I only borrowed it from my friend.

Ratings
Prince of Persia on the PC. Oh man, I used to play it so many times. It was the most basic 2D game and I loved it, I could play for hours and hours. I recently downloaded it again and tried it, but it was actually harder than I remembered.

Ratings
For me, it was Monkey Island. I loved that game to bits and still do! I purchased the updated special edition a few years ago, but I felt it lost part of its magic with new graphics. I ended up switching the graphics back to classic and had a blast.

Ratings
Prince of Persia on the PC. Oh man, I used to play it so many times. It was the most basic 2D game and I loved it, I could play for hours and hours. I recently downloaded it again and tried it, but it was actually harder than I remembered.
I remember that game and it was like a Mario, but the character is a lot thinner and the quest is more challenging.

With me, I became hooked with video games playing Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat in arcades.

Ratings
I can't quite remember which game first fed my addiction. I played a lot of Super Mario and Duck Hunt as a kid. However, Tekken is the game that really got me hooked. I was so mindblown the first time I saw it being played.

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
My first games were the Super Mario/Duck Hunt combo when I was 3. I played original Mario a lot, so that's probably what first fed my addiction, but I think Super Mario 3 feels better to say that with. I loved that game to death, played it even more than the original.

Ratings
Did you all like Super Mario Bros. 2? I was one disappointed lad when it came out and I finally got it home to play it.

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
Yea it was a bit weird but I liked it. Didn't get to play it much though, never owned it. I've never really had a chance to play Mario Lost Levels (which is the proper Mario 2 in Japan but apparently Nintendo thought Americans would be too stupid and gave us that weird version of Mario 2 instead, which was literally just another game that had been released but re-skinned to be Mario)

Maybe I should emulator do it someday.

Ratings
Who didn't love Super Mario? I played this game so much as a kid but what fed my addiction more were the mortal combat games and this was much later when Call of Duty was introduced. I hardly get any time to spare now.