Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Where are stand up comedians?

coleman

Are the comedy goalposts shifting, and is society expecting this art form to be more socially conscious? Is there more censorship, or are changes and heightened awareness to blame? We are now seeing the likes of Kevin Hart getting roles in movies. Perhaps it is time to move on!

didge

There has been a paradigm shift; do you recall Steve Harvey as a stand-up comedian? Over time, he has evolved and continued to remain relevant. We enjoyed it while it lasted, and as we all know, change is inevitable.

Snarky-Guru

I think it's good that we're becoming more conscious about how we treat different groups and I think comedy has helped shaped that awareness. Some of the best comedians have videos on YouTube. Check out this one by Lilly Singh.

DandyMandy

There are plenty of comedians out there who still tell off-color jokes. Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand, Chris Rock, Daniel Tosh, and Bill Maher come to mind.

Where are the stand-up comedians you ask? Well, the UK is hogging one of the best. The BBC's iPlayer is locked down, which keeps me from watching Michael McIntyre's Big Show when it comes on each week. His jokes are pretty PG, but he's hilarious.

didge

There are plenty of comedians out there who still tell off-color jokes. Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand, Chris Rock, Daniel Tosh, and Bill Maher come to mind.

Where are the stand-up comedians you ask? Well, the UK is hogging one of the best. The BBC's iPlayer is locked down, which keeps me from watching Michael McIntyre's Big Show when it comes on each week. His jokes are pretty PG, but he's hilarious.
Is it only me or most of these comedians have a look that causes you to laugh even before listening to the joke? Michael McIntyre is hilarious; I need to watch more of these. His description of Pancake Day had me laughing out loud.

Lunatic

I think it's good that we're becoming more conscious about how we treat different groups and I think comedy has helped shaped that awareness. Some of the best comedians have videos on YouTube. Check out this one by Lilly Singh.

Oh I actually watched a lot of her videos in the past few years! Haven’t checked out her recent ones because the genre got a bit more and more cliche to me. But I can understand why though. It’s indeed very hard for content creators to find new ideas every single time after that many years.