Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

What would you like to see in Smackdown Vs Raw 2010?

Sparkz180

Well, I know Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 just came out, but lets think ahead. If and when Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 comes out what would you like to see in it?

I'de like to see a stage/arena builder where you can make your own ring aprons and all of that stuff.

More link to the backstage of the WWE seeing as the new "backstage" was a big let down on Smackdown Vs Raw 2009.

Being able to customize already made superstars so you can make them a new attire.

So post back with your thoughts :p

Murph

I'de like to see a stage/arena builder where you can make your own ring aprons and all of that stuff.
I used to be so desperate for this as a kid, especially in the WWF Attitude game.

Other than that I don't really play many games anymore. Only played Football Manager 2009 this year, and got bored of it after about 4 days. And a bit of EWR actually. But it's so repetitive and uncreative.

Al Stevens

Do you mean with new controls? If you do, then I disagree as I like the controls.
A game engine basically means how it looks and feels. For a great example look at the metal gear games. All the games have been changed slightly not only in graphics but game play. While some people might say that MGS 2 and MGS 3 look the same, in essence there is changes to the game play. However the controls are not changed in a big way they are only slightly changed.

MojoPogo

It definitely needs a new engine. And the ability to create non tie-up finishers such as lariats. Weapons need a total overhaul, but 2009 was pretty good, so, with a bit of tlc 2010 could be great.

DC

At least 3 new animations.
So less new animations than 2009 had? ;)
It definitely needs a new engine. And the ability to create non tie-up finishers such as lariats. Weapons need a total overhaul, but 2009 was pretty good, so, with a bit of tlc 2010 could be great.
There are over thirty clotheslines/lariats in the game already, so I'm unsure why you'd want to create another.

ScottyB

The question is why wouldn't you want to make another lariat?

As for improvements I'd like to see;

I'd like as AH said more options on CAF, I like it the way it is, but there's room for a lot more, seeing as you can hit finishers from multiple situations, and not just the front.

I've pretty much grown to like the controls, so I wouldn't want a complete over haul on these; If I want to play a game with arcade-like button combos, I'll go play Tekken :)

Weapons could do with a bit of a change, but as for now, they'll do.

I'd like more match types, to add to the life span of the game.

Dave7g

They need to start from scratch. That engine they are currently using is almost 10 years old. My copy of 2009 is just gathering dust. It's the God damn same game it always is.

Fletch

Make use of the entire stage set for videos. Superstars these days dont just have one entrance video, the entire stage customises for each guy or gal.

The ability to use The Highlight Reel mode to create a custom Titan Tron for your star.

Downloadable Create A Superstar parts

More layers for your CAS, more options etc

An improved Road to WrestleMania, more branching storylines, more characters available.

A proper beefy career mode, not the one in 2009. One with at least some sort of story to it, without just being get as many belts as possible.

MojoPogo

Dave is been overtly harsh as usual. this years is a considerable improvement over last year, but yes, more RTWs would be nice. You have to remember the CAF mode is the very first attempt at this and though not perfect, was a very good attempt. And DC, everyone knows i can never have enough lariats! Its my favourite move.

The Icon

Dave is been overtly harsh as usual. this years is a considerable improvement over last year, but yes, more RTWs would be nice. You have to remember the CAF mode is the very first attempt at this and though not perfect, was a very good attempt. And DC, everyone knows i can never have enough lariats! Its my favourite move.
Actually he is not. It really is the same old tired game. All it has is a few new features like a gloss of fresh paint. Pure drivel which is out dated at this stage. It's the same game since 2001.

DC

Actually he is not. It really is the same old tired game. All it has is a few new features like a gloss of fresh paint. Pure drivel which is out dated at this stage. It's the same game since 2001.
How can it be the same game and have new features? Surely the fact it has new features means it's different by virtue of having something new within its content.

The engine is the same, I'll grant you, but the roster is different, there are new moves, there are new features like The Highlight Reel and Create-a-Finisher, tag-team finishers, downloadable content and the ability to have your own entrance theme (which is new for PS3), not to mention the character-specific storylines in 'Road to Wrestlemania' is a new concept as well.

By all means think that it's a poor game, but don't justify your opinion by saying it's "the same game since 2001" and ignoring the things that are different or improved upon.

Sparkz180

An improved Road to WrestleMania, more branching storylines, more characters available.
I think their original plan was to make a Road to Wrestlemania for all the characters (not sure where I heard that) but as you all probably know 2009 was a bit rushed towards the end.

The Icon

How can it be the same game and have new features? Surely the fact it has new features means it's different by virtue of having something new within its content.

The engine is the same, I'll grant you, but the roster is different, there are new moves, there are new features like The Highlight Reel and Create-a-Finisher, tag-team finishers, downloadable content and the ability to have your own entrance theme (which is new for PS3), not to mention the character-specific storylines in 'Road to Wrestlemania' is a new concept as well.

By all means think that it's a poor game, but don't justify your opinion by saying it's "the same game since 2001" and ignoring the things that are different or improved upon.
Face it its pretty much the same game. The new features are the gloss I mentioned. When all is said and done the gameplay is the exact same.

Fletch

I think their original plan was to make a Road to Wrestlemania for all the characters (not sure where I heard that) but as you all probably know 2009 was a bit rushed towards the end.

They actually went for the Quality over Quantity concept. Having all characters with a story would water down the effect. I think they're looking to expand it for next year's game.

You could always head over to Wrestling101.com's Video Games section and read the excellent interview I had with some of THQ's top staff in regards to SmackDown vs RAW 2009!