Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

What are you listening to? 2010 - 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyB

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap. It's part of the (500) Days of Summer Soundtrack, and I've found soundtracks to films are helping my revision go smoothly :)

Reno

Joy Division's "Unknown Pleasures", seeing as it's 30 years since the death of Ian Curtis.

DraVen

"Immersion" by Pendulum.

It's ok. Some of it is total toss, but then there are tunes like The Island Pt.2 which kill, so it's a mixed bag.

The Cork

Dont Wait Animate - 6174.

Sounds a bit Arctic Monkey-ish.

Kele - Tenderoni.

Lead singer of Bloc Party goes solo, backing beat sounds a lot like 'Wiley - Wearing My Rolex'.

The Crippler

Kele - Tenderoni.

Lead singer of Bloc Party goes solo, backing beat sounds a lot like 'Wiley - Wearing My Rolex'.
Seen Kele live last Monday and really enjoyed the show. Wasn't particularly sure what it'd be like as I'd heard Tenderoni and wasn't too fussed on it (actually enjoying it the more I hear it now) but it was a great, fun show.

At the minute I'm more than a little addicted to High Violet by The National. Can't stop listening to the album.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
Thunder: Live at the BBC 1990-1995. Six discs of live brilliance and unreleased tracks. Plus, as I pre-ordered, I got an A4 print signed by the band. Score!

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Pendulum - Immersion - It's...er...it's not very good really. I want to like it, which is the worst thing. So far I kinda like 2 tracks, but 2 out of 15 isn't a very good ratio is it?

Fletch

Pendulum - Immersion - It's...er...it's not very good really. I want to like it, which is the worst thing. So far I kinda like 2 tracks, but 2 out of 15 isn't a very good ratio is it?
After hearing the album preview, I had low expectations, so it's kind of surpased them and it's all growing on me.

Crush makes up for the mediocrity of anything on the album by it's sheer brilliance. Best Pendulum song ever.

The Cork

Pendulum looked pretty crap on R1 Big Weekend, IMO.

They were f'n class last time, but this one they just looked half arsed.

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
It's not even so much like a new album, its more like they've gone "we need a song that sounds like Slam, and then we need one that sounds like the Tempest" and they've gone through all their best songs and made an album full of shoddy rip-offs of them.

I'm gonna persevere with it, but I'm not really impressed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.