Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Were the fans duped?

coleman

The fans must have been angry after their appeals to have Cristiano Ronaldo play during a friendly in Seoul, fell on deaf years. About 2,000 of these fans now want to sue a sports agency. It would have been better if they were in the know, from the beginning but probably it would still have been a sell-out crowd.

Ogmore

It's interesting, isn't it? Ronaldo was contracted to play for a minimum of 45 minutes against the K League All-Stars during Juventus' preseason tour. I don't think fans can ever expect certain players to play regardless of what's been touted around. Still, I know that's how they sell these preseason tickets. They talk up all the big stars that will be playing. I can imagine being angry if I bought a ticket expecting to see a favourite player. Additionally, they are also irate that Ronaldo was supposed to sign autographs during a fan event and he failed to do that too. I can see how that was the straw that broke the camel's back. What do you think the outcome will be?

I don't understand why the contract wasn't fulfilled. Does anyone know about that? I thought he signed to play for at least 45 minutes. Was the reason ever given for why Ronaldo noped out?

coleman

Well, as far as I know, the club has neither spoken about this issue nor commented on it. I would fault the organizers if they lied to the fans that Juventus’ star player was going to play. Refunding the fans will depend on how far this suit goes.