Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Watching eSports on the telly

Ratings
I've been to a couple of gaming tournaments to support a friend and it was fun to watch in person. There was a ton of energy in the room and it was nice to chat with other gamers. However, I think it would be a bit boring to watch eSports on the telly, no matter how much ESPN, Disney, and other companies push the idea. Do you think it's a viable idea for expanding interest in eSports? Is it as boring as I think it is to watch?

Ratings
I don't see how it could translate over into the medium of television. I get the tournaments in arena's simply because of the big screens they show the games on, but the telly? I think it would flop.

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I don't watch it because Overwatch isn't my game, but apparently some of the big matches air on ESPN, ESPN2, Disney, and ABC. At least that's where it airs in the United States.