Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Washington...

DJames

So it's official, the Skins have stated that they will change their name. What do you think they will end up with? I'll probably always call them the Skins... Thoughts on changing their name?

KaliR

I read where some guy went and trademarked a bunch of Washington names too. Either he is looking to be paid if they choose one or what would be the reason he would do that?

Bill W

I read where some guy went and trademarked a bunch of Washington names too. Either he is looking to be paid if they choose one or what would be the reason he would do that?
FedEx, one of the team's notable corporate sponsors, actually made a formal request for the change of name. As you say, some guy (a 61-year old actuary) now stands in the way, having (in the past) registered countless team nicknames.

Carrie

Bill- why would he have done this? Did he do it for the money? I saw FedEx asked them to change it. They are the teams biggest sponsor, right? It's FedEx field.

Didn't this happen a few years ago too, where they were asked to change their name?

Do you think all the high schools with the same name/mascot will change theirs too?